Contents Of The Queens New I-Pod

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by artabr, Apr 1, 2009.

1. artabr

artabr New Member

Just when you thought it was bad Obozo figures out a way to make it worst.

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2009/04/what-does-one-g.html

What Does One Get a Queen?
    April 01, 2009 1:57 PM

President and First Lady Obama gave Her Royal Highness Queen Elizabeth II a video iPod with inscription, songs uploaded and accessories, plus a rare musical songbook signed by Richard Rodgers.

Uploaded onto the iPod:

Photos from the Queen's 2007 White House State Visit
    Photos from the Queen's 2007 Jamestown, Va., Visit
    Photos from the Queen's 2007 Richmond, Va., Visit
    Video from the Queen's 1957 Jamestown Visit
    Video from the Queen's 2007 Jamestown Visit
    Video from the Queen's 2007 Richmond Visit
    Photos from President Obama's Inauguration
    Audio of then-state senator Obama's speech at the 2004 Democratic National Convention, and
    Audio of President Obama 2009 Inauguration Address

Britain's Press Association reports that the Royal couple gave the Obamas "a silver-framed, signed photograph of themselves."

-- jpt

April 1, 2009

---------------------------------------------------------------

This guy is full of himself. :eek: :(

Art

2. chemfantry

chemfantry New Member

Unfortunately, I will get into trouble with the admin and mods if I tell you EXACTLY what he is full of.....

3. 1shot1k

1shot1k Former Guest

Anything this undocumented Marxist does , will not surprise me.

4. Vladimir

Vladimir Active Member

In all fairness the Queen gave him a photo of herself. So his iPod is a pretty sweet deal for her.

He still did the PM wrong though.

;) ;) ;)

EDIT: Keep in mind the Queen knighted the dude who designed the iPod too. :D

5. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

Yes but it would have been a dedicated photo, you know, written on it 'from Mandy to Billy sort of thing'.

6. fmacsin1

fmacsin1 New Member

I actually think we are in the beginnings of a new generation of people who are now in power/control and we are seeing a change in protocols for everything everywhere, not only in politics. The "changing of the guard" and not just in England, is happening all over the world and most of us oldsters are used to things being done another way, and this will be continuing on as the boomers age and retire. We may not like it, but there it is. . .! I agree that Obama's gift may have missed the mark, but I'd like to hear from folks who are aged 40 and younger and hear what they think about the "gifts."

7. pinecone70

pinecone70 Active Member

I'm under 40, but I must be old fashioned because I find this whole thing appalling. It showed terrible manners, IMO. There is a protocol that needs to be followed out of respect when visiting foreign countries. This gesture was much like wearing shorts to a church service, just for comparison. I mean, he didn't drop his drawers and moon Her Majesty or anything, but what's to stop him from bringing her the latest X-Box or iPhone on his next visit, if he ever gets another invitation?

8. 4EvrLearning

4EvrLearning New Member

fmacsin and pinecone: I agree with both of you, and I don't think your posts are necessarily contradictory to each other.

There IS a shift in what's "acceptable"...and I have to imagine that our parents went through the same thing as they watched their children's generation grow up. I'm thinking about my parents' reaction to events in the 60's...pretty radical times of great concern for folks who had lived through the Great Depression and WWII.

Customs, traditions and protocols do change...certainly some more than others. I think it's hard to watch because there is a level of comfort we get from things staying the same...being predictable...knowing what's expected. More than that, though, many of them represent civility...common courtesy...decency...and when those change (erode) what replaces them is typically less desirable behavior.

Just one woman's opinions :)

9. fmacsin1

fmacsin1 New Member

I'm in total agreement 4Evr. I also was glad Pinecone responded, because I really want to know what younger people thought of this "transaction" at the Palace. Just as every generation before me, I know things are changing and many, not in ways I'd like, but time does march on, sadly. I worry about 3-4 generations down the road, though. It's a systemic issue that won't go away; I hope we "train" our youth better!

10. 4EvrLearning

4EvrLearning New Member

My 15-year-old doesn't know yet about the I-pod, but when he heard about the 25 DVD's given to PM Brown, he was dumbfounded!! It was obvious to him that that was a totally inappropriate (and insulting) gift.

I appreciate your thoughts, fmacsin...my hope is that as with most other things in life, that protocol and decency will go in cycles, and therefore "return" in another generation or so!

11. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

Well, I'm 30, and I find Barry's "gifts" to be lacking in class and taste. This guy is a tool. I mean come on, he gives the QUEEN OF ENGLAND a freakin' IPOD?!?! Like she doesn't alrady have pictures and videos of her trip here! And to top it off, he has videos of HIMSELF on the Ipod?! Geez, this guy is full of himself! Barry is a &^()@#!$(!@#%()!@#$%!@)%$!@(%(!@%^()!@%)!@#)%!@()%^*&*(!#&)@&)@$*($#^)(!#(^@*#&#(!^(@#&*@#@#)^!#)^(!@*&@*%&(!#$(^(@%*&@&*($&)!#$^)@#$(&$% F*** Barry!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: I've always thought of the British as being our more cultured and proper older cousins while we're the younger, less cultured younger cousins. But holy flaming crap on a stick, Barry is total non-cultured, non-refined, tool.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

12. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

bcj1755, your OK.

13. pinecone70

pinecone70 Active Member

Ha! Well said. Bravo!! :D

14. Mr. Nameless

Mr. Nameless New Member

If I were to give her a gift it would be a gun to shoot people that give her gifts she already has. ;)

15. delta13soultaker

delta13soultaker New Member