"Continental" 6.35

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by cointoss2, Mar 4, 2003.

1. cointoss2

cointoss2 Guest

Bob In St Louis
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/8/02 8:54:34 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All "Continental" 6.35
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    New acquisition - Spanish (OF COURSE!) mouse gun.

Continental Patent No. 16137, made by Urizar in the Eibar region, between WWI and 1930. Typical pocket Colt pattern. This one has a three-digit serial number, so was probably right after WWI. Has press horn grips embossed with "6.35" and a picture of a rabbit.

I guess it is a rabbit gun, not a mouse gun.
    Crusty Cruffler of Fine Spanish Pistols - Eibar Rules!

polishshooter
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/8/02 10:52:34 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: "Continental" 6.35
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    HEY BOB, I saw a couple of the little Browning .380s, made by FN, at the Indy show a couple of weeks ago, pretty reasonable too, it seemed....like $175-$200....

I REALLY liked the way they looked, size and all, kinda sexy if you know what I mean, (and don't think I'm a prevert or something...)they are growing on me...

I was thinking...are there any equivalent Spanish copies like that? (I'm changing my opinion on Spanish "crap" after having owned and shot the Astra.... )

...which I MAY still own, 'cause the guy hasn't sent the MONEY yet....
    We must make war as we must; not as we would like. - Field Marshal Kitchener, 1915

Bob In St Louis
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/9/02 10:14:50 am)
    Which model of Browning are you referring to? There are lots of Spanish models on Colt and Browning patterns. There is a Spanish "Bufalo" petterned on the 1922 Browning model in 32ACP. There are a couple of other companies that made this design also (Longines is one that comes to mind). The Spanish were big on the 32ACP, and finding models in 380ACP (9mm Corto) is a little more rare.

polishshooter
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/9/02 10:58:51 am)
    I have no idea what model they were...they looked like those FN Brownings available CR recently, I can't remember where, J&G maybe, or FAC?

Only smaller....in fact, looked so small I was surprised when I saw they were .380...8 round, maybe a Baby Browning?
    We must make war as we must; not as we would like. - Field Marshal Kitchener, 1915

Bob In St Louis
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/9/02 3:36:24 pm)
    HHmm - interetsing. There is a Star Model S in 380ACP that looks like a minature Colt 1911. I will have to do some research to see what looks like the Browning 1922 pattern.