The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my Sis and her family came down to Fl for vacation and I drove over to the Panhandle to spend a couple days with them. About mid day on the second day my Sis asked me "what's in your pocket" because it made a slight thump against the inside of the car door as I was getting out. (I wear the typical loose fitting cargo shorts for 9 months out of the year here in Fl.) I said it was my Glock 26 hand gun. She gave me one of those half second startled looks and I quickly said "don't worry it's legal, I have a permit for it". Then she asked me the dumbest question to ever come from the mouth of an American.......Why? She asked. I simply responded with this:
If you can tell me every time and place in my future that a human being might lose their freaking mind in my general vicinity, then I won't have a need to carry this weapon.

End of conversation and continued having a great weekend. She's smart enough to get it.

·
Premium Member
13,016 Posts
Well, thats good I guess. Problem is, sounds like she is walking around unarmed and unprotected. Its real hard for me to comprehend I guess since I have never gone anywhere in over 30 years without a pistol on my side and within my reach. But I cant understand how anyone goes thru life without exercising their right to bear arms and to protect themselves. I dont go to my mailbox unarmed. I am NEVER unarmed unless in a courtroom or somewhere the law forces me to be. I am armed at my kitchen table. Sitting on my couch and at my computer. If I am dressed, I am armed. So, I hope one day you will somehow reach her and convince her to arm and protect herself, not just quietly understand why your armed. Good luck.

·
Registered
18,035 Posts
most people walk around on condition green.. unaware of the dangers in this world. some of us kick over to orange pretty early. :)

·
Premium Member
34,532 Posts
most people walk around on condition green.. unaware of the dangers in this world. some of us kick over to orange pretty early. :)
For me, I was about 9. That's when I saw my first man killed in a gun fight. I ain't looked back since! Like DD, if you see me, know that I am armed.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep. She has the current typical American family. No hunting. No fishing. No camping. Kids just stay in the house, play video games and watch fake crap on TV. Oblivious to the ways of the real world.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts