Cop takes down Reporter

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by islenos, Apr 22, 2009.

1. islenos

islenos Active Member

2. mrkirker

mrkirker New Member

Typical small-man LEO behavior, a real credit to his profession!

3. Teejay9

Teejay9 New Member

Southwest Corner of the US, "Where no stinking fen
    Wow! All this for a traffic accident? It reinforces my belief not to mess with cops in any way, shape, or form. If it had been night time, he could have been shot. This illustrates how you can't even NOT resist and still get arrested. This guy's holding a network news mic and video camera, and still gets the hassle. Nope, not worth it. Always keep hands in plain sight, offer answers, no resistance, and do not mess with them. TJ

4. Bruce FLinch

Bruce FLinch New Member

Of course we don't see all of the story. If the reporter was interviewing witness, before the cops, then he is interfering w/ the investigation. The Reporter & camerman should have moved way back the first time they were told. Oh well! Now they all look like a doofus.

5. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

The officer has issues. :eek:

6. Vladimir

Vladimir Active Member

I find it harder to back the cop than usual in this case but I can still do it. The reporter should have backed the f up when the cop told him to. You see the cop have to turn his back on the other guys to deal with the reporter who doesn't just shut up and go away. If the reporter backed up 20 feet the cop wouldn't have cared. Reporter should have kept his mouth shut and no problems.

7. CJ7365

CJ7365 Member

I watched this on the evening it happened, Im in El Paso, IMO the cop did not even give the reporter a chance to leave the area. Funny how the cop is so eagar to arrest the reporter, but when an illegal crosses the boarder its not their job.

8. Insulation Tim

Insulation Tim Well-Known Member

I'm giving the police officer the benefit of the doubt here. The modern day "media" is nothing more than a bunch of low life Papparizee

9. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Well-Known Member

Give 'em an inch....

:mad:

10. cranky cj

cranky cj Member

how many times did the cop tell him to go before the camera started rolling. i have a feeling this isn't all of it. not a whole lot of sympathy for the reporters.

11. That "officer" needs to be made a civilian.

12. Blackhawk Dave

Blackhawk Dave Member

That attitude cost a cop his job down here. That's why you should never give permission to search your car or do anything else besides write a ticket when you get pulled over. 98 times out of 100, no problems. It's that 2% that can cost you, either in a jail term, or dead. We had a schitzophrenic (sp?) down here that was tazered, and died because the cops just didn't want to try to deal with him.

13. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

Sorry, but it looks to 'staged'.

14. Silencer

Silencer Well-Known Member

That cop is nuts. End of story. Kent, back to you in the studio.

15. Big ugly

Big ugly New Member

It is moron police officers like this one that gives the rest a bad name. of corse I cannot say I feel sory for the reporter either though.