Couldn't find one for 50 miles!

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by SWirsty, Apr 30, 2009.

1. SWirsty

SWirsty New Member

I posted this pic in the general forum but then decided, why not post it with the pistols. I had a hard time finding one for a while. I finally found it at a local gun shop....42 miles away. I try to stay away from the big box stores for firearms since they seem to gouge the prices anyway.

Just picked it up today.
    Now I need to name it. (any suggestions?)
    http://[​IMG][/IMG]

2. glocknut

glocknut Active Member

I like supporting the small gunshops. They have been there when we have needed them and they will be there long after the big box stores have decided to be politically correct and stop selling guns like walmart did with handguns years ago.

mike
    gn

3. fleetwood1976

fleetwood1976 Well-Known Member

Having a relationship with local gunshops is beneficial too. They learn what you like and try to get it for you. It is a more one on one way to do business. the big stores usually have only new stuff and high school kids working the counter.

4. JUNKKING

JUNKKING Well-Known Member

I agree with both fleetwood and glocknut, The small stores learn what you like and know the people the are truly a buyer instead of a fingerf&%#&r! I call them this because they know darn well they arent going to buy a thing but will want to see everything in the case and finger it all up making the person behind the counter wipe them all down before returning them to the case. Mine even has my phone number knowing when something comes in i may be interested in they call me.

5. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

I totally agree about the small gun shops being the best. There are four gun shops in the Athens, Georgia, area. The one that I frequent is the smallest one. The only employees are the owner and his wife and they treat everyone who comes in like kinfolks. It is the only place I have bought guns since I discovered it.

They do not advertise, not even a sign on the store, yet they are always busy. I knew Jerry when he was the manager of one of the other shops. One day he just kinda disappeared from that store. I did not know he opened his own shop for almost three years and just found it by accident through that online BRANDX place we can't mention.