Couple of new rifles (to me anyway)

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by cointoss2, Mar 4, 2003.

1. cointoss2

cointoss2 Guest

TallTLynn
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (11/11/02 6:45:47 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All
    ezSupporter
    Couple of new rifles (to me anyway)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This first is my Remington 03A3 I just brought home last night. Sweet rifle in my humble opinion and I was extremely lucky my friend was willing to sell/trade it.

TallTLynn
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (11/11/02 6:47:03 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Couple of new rifles (to me anyway)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This next picture is of my new Swedish Mauser. Wasn't expecting to pick it up but again got a very nice friend who didn't mind selling it to me.

I apologize for the photo quality but didn't want the rifles to get wet accidently so I didn't take them outside to photograph.

Smokin Guns
    V.I.P. Member
    (11/11/02 6:54:06 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Your...
    just try'in to corner the market on Bolt Rifles...fess up!...I'm kinda jealous...!....still wantin' to add the 03A3...and still haven't found theONE yet...

TallTLynn
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (11/11/02 6:57:58 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Your...
    Smokin - I may end up with more 03A3's and 03's in my life but this and the Springfield 03 I have now will always be my favorite.

The little Remington shoots sweet!

kdub01
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (11/11/02 11:02:44 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Your...
    Nice rifles, "T" -

I'm sure you're gonna enjoy both of them. Each is noted for great accuracy, easy to load for and easy to maintain.
    "Keep Off The Ridgeline"

mckheean
    V.I.P. Member
    (11/12/02 8:17:37 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del 03
    Nice 03 T.I have wanted one since my dad who just turned 82 this month said that the 03 was the rifle he used to shoot at planes at Pearl Harbor the day it was attacked.He said he never saw one fall but he knew he had hit them. Benny in NC

Xracer
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (11/12/02 8:44:19 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: 03
    Here's a hint, "T"....try using a plain, light colored blanket as a background, and if your strobe has a "bounce" feature, try bouncing the light off the ceiling.

Between that '03 and the Swede, you've got two of the sweetest shooting rifles, and nicest calibers ever made.

Silver72
    (11/14/02 11:29:11 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: 03
    Great rifles, TallT! Did you watch the un cut version of Saving Private Rayn this past saturday on ABC? To make the sniper more interesting he was left handed and an expert at throwing the bolt.

TallTLynn
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (11/14/02 7:40:03 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: 03
    Thanks XRacer - took the pics with my digital camera - and I didn't even think about a light colored background (and I should of).

Silver - I have a choice of internet or watching TV - haven't watched TV in almost 2 months.

TallTLynn
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (11/22/02 11:32:49 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: 03
    Well the Swede is now gone (or soon to be gone) as it's been traded for another '03.