The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife got a sore throat last Saturday, no fever, made a appointment to see the Doctor on Monday morning. So I am working on Sunday and I started to feel like a cold was coming on in the evening, by the middle of the night I had a raging fever and didn't feel well at all. So I called and ended up going in to be tested for covid. When my wife was at the clinic she mentioned to the doctor that I was being tested for covid, he said we might as well test you too even tho you don't have a fever. So we were both tested at different clinics and both told it would be 7 to 10 days before we would have result. My wife just got hers today and she is positive :(. She still has not had a fever and only has cold like symptoms, coughing sore throat, sleeping at least 12 to 14 hrs a day. First couple days she was pretty sick, then had a couple days she felt better, now back to a couple bad days.
Me, I still don't have my results, I ran a high (102) to low grade fever for three days and felt really sick, now it back to normal, sleeping my normal 8 to 9 hours and I have a dry cough. Still don't feel great and don't have much of an appetite.

Needless to say we are both quarantined and not working - I'll be glad when 2020 is over

Sorry about being so long winded, just wanted to give you an idea how different two probable cases of covid can look. The scary thing is that if I wouldn't have gotten sick and went in for testing then they never would have tested my wife because she did not have a fever.

·
Premium Member
7,492 Posts
My wife got a sore throat last Saturday, no fever, made a appointment to see the Doctor on Monday morning. So I am working on Sunday and I started to feel like a cold was coming on in the evening, by the middle of the night I had a raging fever and didn't feel well at all. So I called and ended up going in to be tested for covid. When my wife was at the clinic she mentioned to the doctor that I was being tested for covid, he said we might as well test you too even tho you don't have a fever. So we were both tested at different clinics and both told it would be 7 to 10 days before we would have result. My wife just got hers today and she is positive :(. She still has not had a fever and only has cold like symptoms, coughing sore throat, sleeping at least 12 to 14 hrs a day. First couple days she was pretty sick, then had a couple days she felt better, now back to a couple bad days.
Me, I still don't have my results, I ran a high (102) to low grade fever for three days and felt really sick, now it back to normal, sleeping my normal 8 to 9 hours and I have a dry cough. Still don't feel great and don't have much of an appetite.

Needless to say we are both quarantined and not working - I'll be glad when 2020 is over

Sorry about being so long winded, just wanted to give you an idea how different two probable cases of covid can look. The scary thing is that if I wouldn't have gotten sick and went in for testing then they never would have tested my wife because she did not have a fever.
We pray that both of you recover well. Take care of each other.

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry to hear. Prayers for the best for you both. I am curious of any treatment you have been prescribed.
None, they just send you home and tell you to take over the counter meds as needed. They recommended taking Tylenol, and said Zinc and Vitamin C have shown to be helpful. If we start to have breathing problems or chest pain we have to call the ER before we go in so they can meet us at our car.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Prayers sent from here for you & your wife.

·
GUNZILLA
5,961 Posts
Praying for both of you and hoping that you recover quickly and without any long term affects.

·
Premium Member
3,350 Posts
Take care and get better.

GF nephew his gf and their friend in Washington all tested positive. He is around 28 felt bad for a week went got tested. He says it hurts to breath but it seems like everyday he gets a little better, not sure how the other two are doing.

Hey ms6852 didn't your niece get it? what happened to the video?

·
Premium Member
3,350 Posts
Prayers and be careful.
My Grandson felt bad, he went to a clinic, got tested, had his results the same day, negative, thank God!
An outpatient clinic did 65 of those same days tests a whole bunch came back positive so all those people did the other test and of of the 65, 59 were negative only 6 had covid

·
Premium Member
11,173 Posts
Not something that is pleasant to hear about. You guys will be in my prayers as well. Any idea how you contracted it?

·
Premium Member
19,191 Posts
I think everyone thought this would be better by now. Instead, it got worse. Illinois is on the upswing again and if go to other states we face a 14-day quarantine. Most of the southern and western states.

152,075 people in the USA have already died from this virus. It is not a joke. Prayers sent to you and the wife.

·
Premium Member
19,191 Posts
till three weeks ago i did not know anyone with it. now three close to us got it. next door guy went to hospital yesterday. hunkering down.

rick
You guys are seeing what we saw several months ago. Everyone thought the south, for the most part, would be spared this. Now a lot of southern states have surpassed us.

upload_2020-7-31_7-17-59.png

·
Premium Member
11,173 Posts
Missouri has been on the upswing as well. 2,084 cases statewide yesterday. 2/3 to 3/4 of them are in KC and STL and 5 counties. For the most part out state is holding it's own. I think there's 69 total cases in our county since this started and about half of them are in a sort of juvenile delinquent facility. A fella probably has to figure that at least 1/3 of them, maybe more, are no longer active. Still, my wife and I are mostly hunkering down.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts