The Firearms Forum banner

41 - 60 of 89 Posts

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #41 (Edited)
Yes , it was the Dr that recommended the Tylenol, I have not been taking it, I prefer Advil, so that it what I am using as needed. Personally I don't think the doctors or the Government know what the heck they are doing regarding this pandemic. So basically we are all on our own.

I have believed from the start that this virus will work its way through the entire population, all we did with the shutdown was slow it down a bit and kill the best economy that we have ever seen. The only way to stop the spread of this virus is to stop life as we now live it, total seclusion. Is that viable or reasonable no, the virus must and will run its course, unless there is a totally fail safe vaccine invented. That is unlikely as they haven't even been able to perfect the Basic Flu vaccine. What a perfect plague you can have the virus and spread the virus with no symptoms, making it almost impossible to stop the spread.

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Me and the wife were talking about that yesterday since i have to get tested next week. I told her she is going to have to get used to eating Venison for 14 days. I got a nasty look from her.
Ha, that would work for me, I think I will head to the freezer and get some out right now. My wife generally likes it, but not the way I do, I like to marinate in Franks hot sauce with some garlic and mango rice wine vinegar and cut in thick slices and cook Rare - delicious

Reactions: joe45c

·
GUNZILLA
5,961 Posts
Take care and get better.

GF nephew his gf and their friend in Washington all tested positive. He is around 28 felt bad for a week went got tested. He says it hurts to breath but it seems like everyday he gets a little better, not sure how the other two are doing.

Hey ms6852 didn't your niece get it? what happened to the video?
She still has not recovered well going on several weeks. Feeling tired all the time and difficulty with breathing and suffering from headaches. She says she is slowly loosing her sense of smell and taste. Despite all of this, she says she feels a little better or thinks she is getting used to the pain.

·
Premium Member
3,350 Posts
She still has not recovered well going on several weeks. Feeling tired all the time and difficulty with breathing and suffering from headaches. She says she is slowly loosing her sense of smell and taste. Despite all of this, she says she feels a little better or thinks she is getting used to the pain.
Now she is the one who did the you tube video correct?

·
Premium Member
3,350 Posts
Me and the wife were talking about that yesterday since i have to get tested next week. I told her she is going to have to get used to eating Venison for 14 days. I got a nasty look from her.
Do I need to call and talk to her Joe?:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Got a copy of my wife's test result, was surprised to see that it did not say Positive it just says abnormal............was tempted to say I already knew that, but I bit my tongue since we are quarantined together for I don't know how long ;)

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
If test results take 7 to 10 days to come back, chances are you either got over the virus or died from it before then. Seems the testing is functionally useless.

·
Premium Member
19,190 Posts
If test results take 7 to 10 days to come back, chances are you either got over the virus or died from it before then. Seems the testing is functionally useless.
They have a test that only takes 15 minutes. I think it depends on what the government has in stock at the time to ship out. My son had one that took 4 days. His girlfriend had one a few weeks ago it took less than an hour. Same testing center.

·
TFF Chaplain
18,854 Posts
They have a test that only takes 15 minutes. I think it depends on what the government has in stock at the time to ship out.
When I worked in the hospital laboratory we had a quick test for various diseases that worked like a pregnancy test. We used those tests for screening. If a patient came up positive we put the sample in for a "gold standard" test for confirmation.

The screening test was usually a new innovation; the confirmation test was the traditional tried and true test that is more labor intensive.

Reactions: tedwitt

·
9,032 Posts
They have a test that only takes 15 minutes. I think it depends on what the government has in stock at the time to ship out. My son had one that took 4 days. His girlfriend had one a few weeks ago it took less than an hour. Same testing center.
That's the one my Grandson did too, he waited right there for the results. It cost him I think $139.00.

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
A colleague at work has been tested three times, all with the shish-kebob skewer type of swab. The last time his nose bled for 30 minutes after the procedure. A female colleague with a wry attitude described the same test as "invasive."

The other types (simple swab, etc) are coming available. Eventually if not sooner all of us are going to be exposed. When that happens for me, I'll pay the cost myself to avoid the TBI factor of the invasive test.

Reactions: tedwitt
41 - 60 of 89 Posts