The Firearms Forum banner

61 - 80 of 89 Posts

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Day (8) Just an update, the wife and I are still not feeling well, we have both had migraine type headaches for the last three days, she did start running a low grade fever on and off, she still has a cough and congestion, no energy. I am fairing a bit better, low grade fever occasionally, congestion has let up, just this annoying headache. Decided to mow some of the lawn today, probably not the best idea nut after about an hour it wiped me out. Came in and took a two hour nap, guess I'll just do it in stages. Still no test result back for me.

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers

·
9,032 Posts
Day (8) Just an update, the wife and I are still not feeling well, we have both had migraine type headaches for the last three days, she did start running a low grade fever on and off, she still has a cough and congestion, no energy. I am fairing a bit better, low grade fever occasionally, congestion has let up, just this annoying headache. Decided to mow some of the lawn today, probably not the best idea nut after about an hour it wiped me out. Came in and took a two hour nap, guess I'll just do it in stages. Still no test result back for me.

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers
You hang in there, I think they would get tired of me calling to find out my results.

·
Premium Member
7,494 Posts
I get tested for covid tomorrow. I’m supposed to start back at the school district on Thursday and I found out last Thursday that I need to be tested before going back to work. :(

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Yesterday my XSIL got his test result back. He is positive for Covid. He does have symptoms. My grandson was supposed to go back to my daughter today, but since she and her husband works in health care (she's an NP and he's an RN) she can't be around my grandson, since he's been exposed. We (wife and I) drove down to Corpus Christi and picked my grandson up because we didn't want him spending an extra week or two being exposed to the virus. Don't know if my grandson already has it, he isn't showing any symptoms. Asking for prayers for all involved.

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Yesterday my XSIL got his test result back. He is positive for Covid. He does have symptoms. My grandson was supposed to go back to my daughter today, but since she and her husband works in health care (she's an NP and he's an RN) she can't be around my grandson, since he's been exposed. We (wife and I) drove down to Corpus Christi and picked my grandson up because we didn't want him spending an extra week or two being exposed to the virus. Don't know if my grandson already has it, he isn't showing any symptoms. Asking for prayers for all involved.
Prayers sent for all.

·
Premium Member
19,191 Posts
Prayers sent. Be careful. Sorry to say this but this could be very dangerous for you.

·
TFF Chaplain
18,856 Posts
Father in Heaven I pray that You would continue healing Bigdog and his wife; I pray for One Shot as he goes back to work, that You would protect him and his family from this bug. And I also pray for Pawpaw40 and his family. Please protect them from this bug, and I pray that the grandson would not get sick from this bug. Protect his entire family as well. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
Father in Heaven I pray that You would continue healing Bigdog and his wife; I pray for One Shot as he goes back to work, that You would protect him and his family from this bug. And I also pray for Pawpaw40 and his family. Please protect them from this bug, and I pray that the grandson would not get sick from this bug. Protect his entire family as well. In Jesus' Name, Amen.
Amen.

·
Super Moderator
25,664 Posts
In Jesus name, Amen.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Still haven't come down with it yet, will find out if it is in my system from a blood test checking all my stats. Hopefully I have the antibodies in my system and didn't get sick.
We keep praying for each other and hope nobody suffers to bad or dies.

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
A very close friend of ours tested neg on the 10th of July. She continued to get sicker so on the 17 th she went to the emergency room where she tested positive. She was admitted and put on a ventilator. She passed away on the 20th. Her husband still isn’t sick.
She had no underlying problems but she was 74.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Thank you for the prayers. My wife and I are well aware of the danger, but are willing to take the risk to lessen the chance that our grandson would contract the disease.

·
Registered
15 Posts
My wife got a sore throat last Saturday, no fever, made a appointment to see the Doctor on Monday morning. So I am working on Sunday and I started to feel like a cold was coming on in the evening, by the middle of the night I had a raging fever and didn't feel well at all. So I called and ended up going in to be tested for covid. When my wife was at the clinic she mentioned to the doctor that I was being tested for covid, he said we might as well test you too even tho you don't have a fever. So we were both tested at different clinics and both told it would be 7 to 10 days before we would have result. My wife just got hers today and she is positive :(. She still has not had a fever and only has cold like symptoms, coughing sore throat, sleeping at least 12 to 14 hrs a day. First couple days she was pretty sick, then had a couple days she felt better, now back to a couple bad days.
Me, I still don't have my results, I ran a high (102) to low grade fever for three days and felt really sick, now it back to normal, sleeping my normal 8 to 9 hours and I have a dry cough. Still don't feel great and don't have much of an appetite.

Needless to say we are both quarantined and not working - I'll be glad when 2020 is over

Sorry about being so long winded, just wanted to give you an idea how different two probable cases of covid can look. The scary thing is that if I wouldn't have gotten sick and went in for testing then they never would have tested my wife because she did not have a fever.
1st hope u Both get better soonest. Question: do you wear masks? Is Missouri a "hot spot". My wife and I refuse to wear a mask here in Abilene, TX. I'm not saying the [china] virus isn't real {my wife was real sick in December & I was real sick in January, this was before [it] had a name, they did two CT's on my lungs and called it walking pneumonia for me}. I have asthma and bad allergies, so there's that too, +high BP. I was just wondering. GET WELL, GET UP in the name of Jesus!!!!...... ")

None, they just send you home and tell you to take over the counter meds as needed. They recommended taking Tylenol, and said Zinc and Vitamin C have shown to be helpful. If we start to have breathing problems or chest pain we have to call the ER before we go in so they can meet us at our car.
Because of 'RIGHT TO TRY' you could ask for HCQ, dose pack & zinc/vitamingC. We take VitaminC from SAMS and Zinc from Shaklee. GET WELL in the name of Jesus.... ")

·
Well-Known Mumbler
Aromatherapy 😍
4,249 Posts
Amen

·
Registered
15 Posts
I can’t speak to the veracity of the official “data” but it’s interesting how they are still accumulating a total of deaths. For the flu, they monitor Oct-May. Not even a whole year...Then they start over. I wonder when they’ll stop the Covid-19 season? Probably they will just continue to add to the total......
November 4, 2020 the [china] virus will suddenly go into hibernation

Right! I got the virus back in Feb. before anyone had any knowledge of Covid-19. I thought it was the seasonal allergy's that I normally get, but it was way to early for that, I treated as an allergy & kept getting worse so I switch to treating it like the Flu then I got better. There wasn't any tests to take back then. I keep my immune system up by letting it get small exposures to germs & don't use all of the germicidal cleaners that everyone uses to allow a small exposure of germs into my life. Your immune system can't respond to a germ or virus unless it has been exposed to it to develop antibodies. But that's is along with eating right & keeping track of my health.
heard immunity I think is what they call what u r explaining, agree 100%

Praying for a speedy healing for you and the Mrs!

With your zinc and Tylenol you might want to add 6-8 oz of Tonic Water or Bitter Lemon. Both contain quinine. There have been some studies that show zinc and quinine help reduce the symptoms and enable the body to heal faster.
autoimmune boosters, I hate words I can't spell ")

Yes , it was the Dr that recommended the Tylenol, I have not been taking it, I prefer Advil, so that it what I am using as needed. Personally I don't think the doctors or the Government know what the heck they are doing regarding this pandemic. So basically we are all on our own.

I have believed from the start that this virus will work its way through the entire population, all we did with the shutdown was slow it down a bit and kill the best economy that we have ever seen. The only way to stop the spread of this virus is to stop life as we now live it, total seclusion. Is that viable or reasonable no, the virus must and will run its course, unless there is a totally fail safe vaccine invented. That is unlikely as they haven't even been able to perfect the Basic Flu vaccine. What a perfect plague you can have the virus and spread the virus with no symptoms, making it almost impossible to stop the spread.
100% agree!

Got a copy of my wife's test result, was surprised to see that it did not say Positive it just says abnormal............was tempted to say I already knew that, but I bit my tongue since we are quarantined together for I don't know how long ;)
late at night while sleeping, if some one wakes you with "FOUL BALL", don't take off the catchers mask!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Praying brother Texan. Both my daughters are marketers for in-home healthcare. That is a job needing "Danger Pay". My wife and I have been watching our 8 year old grandchildren since the shut down. We are Christians and know that when it's time to check out, it's time and no one can stop it. Praying for PQTUS and the Generals to fix [china] and their comrades in OUR congress/senate. Spent my entire adult life defending the Republic, now the future leaders of America have been programmed from K-college to hate our land. DAM, gonna quit whining now. Praying for everyone to get well and for his will to be done on earth.....

61 - 80 of 89 Posts