The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im a newbie and searching for answers about a Steven crackshot #16.
This is the little 22 boys rifle w/ the lever on the side to lower the breech block.

The one that I have is an early model w/ the "thumb safety".
The thumb safety is gone and so if the spring for the hammer.
The thumb safety models had a different configuration than the later models, from what I have found online. And, after looking at the schematics, the hammer spring attaches differently.

So, what I am looking for is either a correct schematic or if someone has one of these, can you post a pic so I can see what I am missing??

Thanks!
SWOhio

· Registered
740 Posts
it was a savage manufactured product,,, check with them it is possible they may be able to help,,, also " www.gunpartscorp.com " just because u dont see it in their listings doesnt mean they may not have it,,, best to call them and talk to one of their people,, have alway had great help from them trying to find older parts,, also if not available , keep calling back once a week,, never know when it will pop up,,, it took me over a yr to find one part for a customer,, (he did the calling) but we finally found it and he is happier then a pig in the mudhole ;)

· Registered
1,242 Posts
Watch Ebay or the various gun actions for parts/parts guns. Sometimes it's the only source for really old gun parts. Might take awhile, but my experience that what you need will usually eventually show up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.