1. ysacres

ysacres Well-Known Member Supporting Member

AntiqueDr
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (1/31/02 8:54:49 am)
    Crap.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    It's back to Square One. The Habibs that own the building I was prepared to lease reneged at the last minute. Wont say why, I am thinking they have a problem with a gun shop.

Didn't really want to lease from somebody named "Ali Jam" anyway.

We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com

bondai
    (1/31/02 7:33:24 pm)
    Reply Re: Crap.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Damn it !!! Don't get me started on this one. You know how I like to rant... If I found out they denied me a lease based on the fact I wanted to open a gun shop, I'd sue their ass.

They probably want to rent it to an Afghan refugee so they can sell cigarettes or booze. GGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!

hammer4nc
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/31/02 9:07:38 pm)
    Adr,

After reading your description of the location, it sounded like a great setup. Sorry to hear that they backed out. Still, I've found that when these real estate deals fall through, there's often something even better around the corner. Patience and keeping your eyes open. Good luck.

warpig883
    (1/31/02 11:18:59 pm)
    Hang in there AD. Best of luck to ya
    We can't be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans... -- Bill Clinton, US President (USA Today, 11 Mar 1993, page 2a)

Flhunter
    V.I.P. Forum Host
    (2/1/02 1:55:29 pm)
    Re: Crap.
    Dang AD, I hate to hear that. I know you were very excited to get things started. You'll find a better place soon. If not change your last name and let our gov't do it for you. I have found that when things like this happen it's for a reason and when the next one comes around it will be much better.

The Curio and Relic Firearms Forum

procrastinator
    V.I.P. Member
    (2/3/02 4:08:12 pm)
    Sorry to hear about the set back, Dr. I seriously doubt that you will be down for long. Just get the impression that you will overcome!
    The Curio and Relic Firearms Forum

TallTLynn
    (2/3/02 4:32:45 pm)
    Re: Crap.
    Doc, I really hate seeing things like this happen to good people like you.

But, I know you'll find a better place and do even better!

Xracer
    (2/3/02 10:53:59 pm)
    Doc.....have you considered a pushcart.

I can see it now......"Antique Doctor's Mobile Firearms Emporium".

I can just see the BATF chasing you down the street.......

Sorry, the Devil made me do that.

warpig883
    (2/3/02 11:09:10 pm)
    Don't get yer dreadlocks caught in the spokes. That would hurt worse than waxing them.
    We can't be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans... -- Bill Clinton, US President (USA Today, 11 Mar 1993, page 2a)