1 - 1 of 1 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
obelix2
(5/9/01 7:45:07 am)
Reply | Edit | Del All Crimea
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why did not a man wonder? I kind of think I would have wondered, myself, though it's supposed to be real tricky turning a warhorse the other way when he's running with the pack, especially when you've got a couple of regiments of hussars and light dragoons thundering behind you.

Secondary question: Does anybody know if the British infantry were actually equipped with the new 1853 Enfield rifles?

Rons Toys
(5/9/01 9:14:38 am)
Reply | Edit | Del Re: Crimea
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
www.dnai.com/~soongliu/Sa...Brits.html

www.nps.gov/vick/interp/lhrifle.htm

nice pics
www.geocities.com/heartla...flesof.htm

Ron

obelix2
(5/9/01 2:53:51 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Thanks, Ron
Nice links.

polishshooter
Senior Chief Moderator Staff
(5/11/01 10:43:39 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Re: Crimea
I think it has something to do with the Brits getting as much if not more "glory" in defeat as much as victory...the French are notorious for that too...

I mean, any country that has a General lose as badly as Cornwallis in the south and at Yorktown, that goes on to fame and glory with an even bigger command in India, has got to have a different "code of honor..."

In America, unless you are Ambrose Burnside ( ) one strike and you're out...

1 - 1 of 1 Posts