The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Measure it. For Jacketed bullets it should be .375-.376. For lead depending on the bullet diameter about .376-.377.

Do you actually mean tenths (.10 ) or do you mean thousands (.001) ?
I don't know/ It is the last number on my calipers.
The factory load (jacketed bullet) is right about the same as my dummy load when I measure the over all length and the dia. at the crimp. These are the makarov rounds Missouri lead bullets.Dia..365
Thanks Steve! Also see your in the land of lakes.I grew up in MPLS.

· Registered
624 Posts
Best way to be sure is do a plunk test with the barrel removed from your pistol. If the brass drops into the chamber and then drops out when you turn the barrel up, it should be good.

Remember all you need to do is flare the case mouth enough to just get the bullet started, then just remove the flare. Crimping may even not be necessary but your own gun will tell you that.

· Registered
163 Posts
I don't know/ It is the last number on my calipers.
The factory load (jacketed bullet) is right about the same as my dummy load when I measure the over all length and the dia. at the crimp. These are the makarov rounds Missouri lead bullets.Dia..365
Thanks Steve! Also see your in the land of lakes.I grew up in MPLS.
uuhh you can't use .365 makarov bullet's in a 9mm they are .355 jacketed .356 for lead. As for your question, just measure how thick the wall of your brass is and double it and add that to the dia. of the bullet your using.

· Registered
163 Posts
I cut down the cases to Mak size. They are just 9mm cases that have been cut down. Here are the bullets.
http://www.missouribullet.com/results.php?category=5&secondary=28
Item Name Image
Makarov
.365 Diameter
9mm Makarov
93 Grain RN
Brinell 18
For Spetznaz Ops
Price per box of 500
Price: $32.50

Details

« Previous | 1 | Next »
ok, you should tell us your loading 9x18 makarov. when you say 9mm people think 9x19mm luger, any way your crimp should be somewere in the .390 to .388 neighborhood

· Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
ok, you should tell us your loading 9x18 makarov. when you say 9mm people think 9x19mm luger, any way your crimp should be somewere in the .390 to .388 neighborhood
Ok thankyou sir. Crimp on the factory load was .388 and on my dummy load it is .386.
So I guess I should be good to go :) Next step are the primers and powder. Thanks for the info as this is my first try at reloading. And yes I do have books coming

· Registered
300 Posts
To the OP: Don't take offense, but it sounds like it is time to do some serious study of reloading manuals and books. With reloading and shooting reloads, you are involved in an activity that can have serious consequences if you try to "wing it" without a sound understanding of what you are doing and how to do it properly.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.