Cuba back in the news

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by 94z07, Apr 8, 2009.

1. 94z07

94z07 New Member

Some typical Dem members of Congress have gone to Cuba on a "fact finding" mission. The objective is to use the trip as a basis for recommending to Obama that the US end its trade embargo with one of the last few communist dictatorships on the planet.

What does Obama say about Cuba?

You might be surprized to learn that Obama agrees with you on the Cuban embargo.

How could I possibly know that Obama agrees with you? Well read his words.

Here Obama is in favor of removing the embargo.

"In January 2004, Obama Said It Was Time 'To End The Embargo With Cuba' Because It Had 'Utterly Failed In The Effort To Overthrow Castro.'" ("Top Obama Flip-Flops," The Washington Post, 2/25/08)

Barack Obama: "I think it's time for us to end the embargo with Cuba." (Sen. Barack Obama, Remarks At Southern Illinois University, Carbondale, IL, 1/20/04)

Not convinced tht he agrees with you? Well here he is saying that he wants to maintain the embargo.

Barack Obama: "As president, I'll maintain the embargo it's an important inducement for change because we know that Castro's death will not guarantee freedom." (Beth Reinhard, "It's Got A Good Beat And You Can Dance To It," The Miami Herald's "Naked Politics" Blog, 8/25/07)

So there you are no matter if you're in favor of the embargo or not Obama agrees with you!

2. Marlin T

Marlin T Well-Known Member

Imagine that would ya?

I bet he will fall in line with slave master in the end.