The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all....
So I have a chance to buy this .22
I tried researching it and came up empty! Can anyone help?

Attachments

·
Registered
5,927 Posts
It looks like a Remington Nylon 66 style action, but removable magazine fed. The sight placement is also reminiscent of the Nylon 66s, except for the stock, which looks to be wood. There are definitely differences, but the 66 is what it reminds me of. Surely, someone knows.

·
Registered
17,476 Posts
Unless it came with several magazines, I would not be interested in it. A custom-made, one-of, semi-auto gun with a proprietary magazine that you can't find any of is eventually a clumsy single shot.

Reactions: Empty_Holster

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Unless it came with several magazines, I would not be interested in it. A custom-made, one-of, semi-auto gun with a proprietary magazine that you can't find any of is eventually a clumsy single shot.
Only one magazine comes with.....not sure if it’s proprietary or a one off or one of a kind, etc....
Here’s a pic of the mag, only one with the rifle.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It looks like a Remington Nylon 66 style action, but removable magazine fed. The sight placement is also reminiscent of the Nylon 66s, except for the stock, which looks to be wood. There are definitely differences, but the 66 is what it reminds me of. Surely, someone knows.
The front sight definitely looks like the 66. The action looks different to me, but I’m a novice.

·
Registered
63 Posts
It sure is a pretty rifle, but it's got me stumped too.

Reactions: Zack856

·
Registered
94 Posts
Looks like a Winchester 77 and an Anschutz 520 had an illegitimate love child. I know it's neither. At least no more than 30%. I can sleep thinking it's a beautiful frankengun but that magazine is gonna haunt me until I figure it out.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Russian rimfire: MTs-18

TOZ-17 mags will fit and work.

Note, there is nothing custom about that rifle. That's the way they came from the Tula (?) factory.

How much is the seller asking for the rifle ?
Wow thanks to everyone for the help! The seller wants $600...is that fair?

Russian Tula TOZ, one of the 90 series? There is some really fine print on the left rear of the barrel, just above the "AR", but I can't make it out.
It’s not print, it’s a crown with three prongs I believe. One above each AR stamp

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
Yes it is worth $600. But here is the problem. VERY few of those rifles were made and are worth more as a safe queen than as a shooter. In the US that rifle is worth $600. In Canada it is worth $1,000 and in Europe I have seen them go for as high as $2,000. The more you use it, the more the value drops.

·
Registered
5,652 Posts
Wow thanks to everyone for the help! The seller wants $600...is that fair?

It’s not print, it’s a crown with three prongs I believe. One above each AR stamp
It's above the crown. I thought it might be scratches or glare, but there are definitely letters there.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yes it is worth $600. But here is the problem. VERY few of those rifles were made and are worth more as a safe queen than as a shooter. In the US that rifle is worth $600. In Canada it is worth $1,000 and in Europe I have seen them go for as high as $2,000. The more you use it, the more the value drops.
Gotcha. If I buy it I’ll keep that in mind!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It's above the crown. I thought it might be scratches or glare, but there are definitely letters there.
So I bought it. No letters above the crown, maybe u saw a glare or scratches like u said. The only letters/numbers are the a.r. And the g.g.g. And numbers on the bolt.
The weird rabbit/squirrel is odd as well? Was that done at the factory?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts