Customizing the 1911

Discussion in 'The 1911 Forum' started by ysacres, Mar 6, 2003.

Tags:
  1. ysacres

ysacres Well-Known Member Supporting Member

needleace
    V.I.P. Member
    (12/1/01 9:40:47 am)
    Reply Customizing the 1911
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am compiling some research on building or buying a .45.
    I have not decided yet whether to buy one pre-customized (i.e. Kimber)or buy stock and have it customized by some one like Baer. What options and or/customizing do think is important and why? Don't include engraving. Any input will be greatly appreciated and considered.

LIKTOSHOOT
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (12/1/01 9:57:03 am)
    Reply Re: Customizing the 1911
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Before you commit to Baer or Wilson.....if you go that route, I would take a hard look at "Ace Custom 45`s, Inc." located here in Texas. Top notch!
    America, we are the symbol of Freedom and Liberty......

needleace
    V.I.P. Member
    (12/1/01 2:22:29 pm)
    LTS-
    Will certainly do so when the time comes. Thanks for the input-
    Mike

Xracer
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (12/2/01 8:49:10 pm)
    The type and amount of customizing should depend on what you're planning on using your 1911 for....plinking?, self-defense?, competition (if so, what kind)?

Try shooting as many different 1911's as you can, and see what suits you, and your needs, best. If you can find a "store bought" one that's just what you want, fine. Otherwise, it doesn't take great skill to build one from scratch that's perfect for you.

Fordpkup likes this.