2,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
www.cwgrips.com

Carl Wallace
9737 Pokai Way
Diamondhead, MS 39525
Ph. 228 255 0822
Cell 228 363 0702

I will be posting my grips here from now on, as well as other places.
Thanks for the spot TFF

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A set for a policeman that I forgot to post. The reason for what appears to be a gap at the top and bottom of the badges is because of a taper on the badges. In other words the hole had to be larger at that point than the surface of the badge so it would drop in. There was nothing I could do about it. The picture makes it stick out like a sore thumb.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I am slowly starting to work a little. Here is a pair that I had in inventory that a forum member bought just before my surgery. I finished them with the inlays yesterday. I am showing a before and after.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have been off the forum so much lately I plumb forgot about this thread until Sam reminded me yesterday that I needed to upgrade it. So here goes. If I double post a pair of grips, just overlook it.
First is some carving I did years ago, before computers. Pictures were made with a 35mm then scanned into the system. After the carving is a gun stock that I made from scratch out of screw bean mesquite, with some really nice checkering on it. I used a pattern out of a book. It is call flur de les and ribbons and is 22 lines per inch.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
More Eye Candy! Enjoy!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
And More.
This is all I have time for now. I will try and post some more soon.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
34,364 Posts
Beautiful work Carl, but I don't see those "Thumper" grips!

·
Premium Member
2,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Here you go Carver. A before and after of your grips. First 2 pictures are yours.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
34,364 Posts
Just wondering Carl, if you can make those LSU grips in Purple, and Gold, as well as the black, white, and grey?

·
Premium Member
2,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Carver,
I can use purple Hart wood and inlay the LSU ear rings, which is almost what you are talking about, I don't know where the Gold would come in. But I'm sure we can come up with something.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.