The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any thoughts ?
Both are new and the same price.
I lean towards the Henry because it's a lever action.
I really don't know much about the CZ brand, but I've heard good things about them. It is a really nice looking rifle.

This might mean I'm breaking my vow to not buy another firearm right now.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you want a fun gun then go with the Henry.
If you want an accurate rifle then go with the CZ.
You really can't compare the two because they are completely different animals.
Its your money so get what you would want and like..
I want both, lol.
But that CZ is really nice looking. I need to do some research on the CZ brand.

·
Super Moderator
40,122 Posts
I do not own either a Henry or a CZ rifle, but I have friends that do own CZ's and they can't say enough good things about them. If I were in the market for a new rimfire rifle, I honestly don't know which I would buy, either. The last rifle I bought was a .22 Magnum and I went after inexpensive, I got the Ruger American Rimfire and I am truly happy with it.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I do not own either a Henry or a CZ rifle, but I have friends that do own CZ's and they can't say enough good things about them. If I were in the market for a new rimfire rifle, I honestly don't know which I would buy, either. The last rifle I bought was a .22 Magnum and I went after inexpensive, I got the Ruger American Rimfire and I am truly happy with it.
My plan was to go the inexpensive route also, either a Savage or Ruger. My brain tells me to stay with that plan, but when i see a nice looking rifle my brain stops working.
But whatever i buy it has to have a wood stock and sights. I might put a scope on it, but it will have sights on it.

·
Registered
5,571 Posts
My plan was to go the inexpensive route also, either a Savage or Ruger. My brain tells me to stay with that plan, but when i see a nice looking rifle my brain stops working.
But whatever i buy it has to have a wood stock and sights. I might put a scope on it, but it will have sights on it.
If you must add a scope, the CZ is your Huckleberry. Very accurate. I hate scopes on lever guns.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you must add a scope, the CZ is your Huckleberry. Very accurate. I hate scopes on lever guns.
I agree, I've talked about putting one on my Henry, but I haven't

I should have added this to my original post, but there’s a 3rd rifle in play. It’s a Remington Junior Model IPSS Model 521T 22 cal . I don’t have a price on it yet. But I will only buy one of these, if I buy any.

·
Premium Member
9,910 Posts
Didn’t want to assume. I just did a quick search of Henry’s website and there are LOTS of rifles chambered in 22 Mag. Which model were you considering? I bought an H001T a few years back and I’m rather disappointed. It has a painted receiver cover, not completely sure of the metal they use but it’s constantly flaking chips of paint off (on the inside). Just seems hokey for a rifle I paid a goodly amount for to not have a steel receiver.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Didn’t want to assume. I just did a quick search of Henry’s website and there are LOTS of rifles chambered in 22 Mag. Which model were you considering? I bought an H001T a few years back and I’m rather disappointed. It has a painted receiver cover, not completely sure of the metal they use but it’s constantly flaking chips of paint off (on the inside). Just seems hokey for a rifle I paid a goodly amount for to not have a steel receiver.
I have the same Henry you have.
I'm going to say it's the H001M model, their cheapest model. She just told me what they had in stock. But last time i was in there i did look at the CZ. I'm actually surprised they still have it.
Both are $450.

·
Premium Member
1,194 Posts
I own two CZ's and three Henrys. The Henrys are in 17, 357/38, and 22LR all levers, But for shooting the eye out of the Bull's eye I will take the CZ's. I have a 512 semi-auto and a 457 Bolt both are on the money each and every time.

Larry

·
Registered
61 Posts
My CZ is a 453 Varmint (with the set trigger). Ledgendary accuracy. Feels like a center fire rifle. Never a problem. Many hours of fun with friends,, jumping 45 ACP brass around the berm @ 50 yards.
Also have a H-001 Henry. Nice rifle but not in the same class as CZ.
Want a fun toy, get the Henry. Want a real rifle, CZ will be so.ething that will last for generations.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just read that the CZ 455 Lux 22 mag was discontinued in 2018. So if this is new, it had to be in storage someplace for two years.

Reactions: grcsat

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
Two years for new old stock is a normal time frame.
If you had the money , LOL , I could show you new old stock rifles from the 1970s.

·
GUNZILLA
6,478 Posts
CZ would be my choice. I pop tomatoes oranges and furry creatures at 200 yards with this rifle. Do not make yourself sick trying to choose, buy both!

·
GUNZILLA
6,478 Posts
Just read that the CZ 455 Lux 22 mag was discontinued in 2018. So if this is new, it had to be in storage someplace for two years.
Also forgot to mentioned that the 455 allows for changing barrels to different calibers. I would get it even though it is discontinued.

Reactions: sharps4590

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
I have a Henry Golden Boy in .22 LR. It is very accurate and I wouldn't trade it for anything but if I wanted an extremely accurate bolt action I'd go with the CZ over anything.

·
Registered
Pensacola Florida
3,672 Posts
The CZ 457's also have the barrel changing capability. Very little difference in the two. The original version was the 452, then the 453 with a better trigger, then the 455. And the last one, the 457. All are excellent guns. With the last two you have a choice three barrels, .22, .22 mag, and a .17.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts