The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a CZ-52 and took it to the range. I was inclined to blame the shooter for lack of practice, but I'm consistantly group low and right, but then using a couple other handguns not having any issues. Can anything be done with the CZ-52's sights front post is part of the slide. There is also no aftermarkets for the rear sight to my knowledge althought it is removable. So I guess what I'm asking is, can i machine this gun at all to fix the sights.

·
Registered
10,066 Posts
NyteTactical:

The rear sight can be adjusted for windage: Move the rear sight to the left to move the bullet left.

When adjusting the rear sight the amount you move it with a brass or plastic punch and a hammer is a little math problem:

The amount you move the rear sight equals the sight radius times the bullet error on the target divided by the range distance, all measured in inches.

I'd use a set of caliper to assure I did not move the rear sight too much.

To raise the bullet point of impact you lower the front sight. You use the same formula. And again use a set of calipers to assure you do not take to much off the from sight. It might be better to take the calipers, the calculated correction, and a file to the range and get the elevation corrected by trial and error slowly so as not to over do it (shoot, file shoot file shoot, etc.).

Now be aware, this not a usual problem with these guns. If you are not using the same ammo as the CZ military for bullet weight and velocity you might get a point of impact change. So if you can try some other ammo before you start filing on the front sight you may find some that will move the impact point up. The Military Czech ammo is pretty beefy and the American stuff is pretty mild. I think it better on the gun to shoot the American stuff rather than the stuff the Czech Military used.

LDBennett

·
Registered
29 Posts
Check how far the brass is ejecting. If it goes further than 8feet you need a new recoil spring before you crack the slide. Mine tossed the brass an incredible 35 feet on its first test.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts