Dismiss Notice

Please be sure to post images when you're asking what the value of your firearm(s) is. We find this to be a necessary tool when determining a value. 

CZ-82 date?

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by belercous, Jun 18, 2010.

1. belercous

belercous Former Guest

Can anyone tell me when my CZ-82, s/n 055080 was made?
    And why are they C&R eligible? They can't be 50 yrs. old and their value does not come from being a collectible, so what gives?
    Thaang you berry much.

2. Terry G

Terry G Member

From what I can gather on these once in a lifetime deals, (I bought three), the design is more than fifty years old, hence the "Relic" part. The curious (and very accurate) barrel design with no apparent rifling fulfilled the "Curio" requirement. They are one of the best deals I have ever run across since I got my C&R license 9 years ago! I can't help you on the date of manufacture, just that obviously it was after 1982!

Attached Files:

• CZ82.jpg
      CZ82.jpg
      File size:
      35.7 KB
      Views:

3. belercous

belercous Former Guest

Double stack magazines over 50 yrs. ago?

4. Teejay9

Teejay9 New Member

Southwest Corner of the US, "Where no stinking fen
    Browning incorporated a double stack with his P-35, better known as the Hi-Power. That was over 50 years ago. TJ

5. oscarmayer

oscarmayer New Member

browning was designed over 75 yrs ago as a double stack 9mm

6. Helix_FR

Helix_FR Active Member

Thank Mr Les Jenson from the west point museum. After submitting a letter to BTAF about the eligibility of the CZ82 being C&R qualified. Its more categorized as a curio more than a relic but the original design is 50 years old. Czechoslovakia no longer exist politically and there is a special interest in these guns. Mostly because of the hammer forged polygonal rifling technique used in the 82 barrels for the marakov round. Enjoy before BTAF changes their minds:D