The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of these two is probably my Christmas present, just not sure which one.

Any preference of one over the other?

·
Registered
425 Posts
Gary- FWIW....
I have a Beretta 92 FS Compact 9mm and I like it alot. Have probably ran 700+ rnds thru it over the yrs. No malfunctions what-so-ever and to my eyes, it's one of the best looking semi-auto's out there. They are seen in the movies quite alot. CZ makes a fine firearm also...but I have no experiance with the CZ 85.

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
Both are great guns but I always leaned more in the way of the CZ. I had 2 beretta 92's but sold them both to purchase some form of a 75 series.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you Gentlemen for the insight. I go today to the gunstore and hopefully they will have both in stock so that I can compare them side by side.

Because I shoot mostly left handed I will probably go with the CZ as it is ambidextrous friendly. I've got plenty of pistols that aren't and it would be a nice change to shoot something that "fits" for a change.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Both are awesome platforms, but the CZ gets my vote. The CZ ergonomics are the best of any pistol that I tried; except for maybe the 1911. Combine that with inherit accuracy of a low bore axis system, and the inverse slide rails which it supposed to make it more reliable (I've had awesome results from my CZ) and you get a very effective setup. It is thinner than a Beretta , and I believe the 85 only has the decocker system.

Out-of-the-box, the trigger might be a little gritty and the double-action a tad heavy. It should smooth up the more you shoot, and you can change the main-spring to lighten the DA trigger pull. The SA trigger pull is nice and crisp. You might want change the extractor spring, to an extra-power spring, as the factory spring is notorious for weakness and causing failures to extract.

·
Registered
18,207 Posts
CZ here too. but only slightly. I love them both

·
Registered
29 Posts
They are very similar styled guns so if you're a lefty I can see why you choose the ambidexterous CZ over the Beretta. CZ planned it that way.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Thanks again to all for their valuable insight.

Well the decisions been made (CZ) just having some trouble finding one. I contacted the CZ distributor in AZ and he related that they will be delivering sometime in February. Best I've been able to do is locate a CZ SP01, but it has a de-cocker instead of a safety. I don't mind waiting (much) but dang- two months!

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
CZ is revamping so orders are slow. I'd get the sp01. they are even harder to find than the 75B. I know you dont like the decocker but the majority of the 75's are too. There is the P07 which comes with 2 safeties, one decoker and one sear block.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts