CZ70 Wont Fire in Double-Action

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by CountryGunsmith, Feb 23, 2003.

1. CountryGunsmith

CountryGunsmith New Member

Rich in Lincoln
    (2/5/02 3:17:01 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All CZ70 Bouble action trouble
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I have a CZ70 that doesn't work in double action but functions fine in single action that has been sitting in my safe forever. I guess that is why it looked so good from the importer, the only use it got was when someone was trying to figure out why it wasn't working (it would also explain the nut on the hammer pivot being so worn) I was going to take it all apart (push out the pins and so-on) and see if I could make sense of it. It seems to work double-action when the slid is off, or the main spring (for the hammer) is removed. I'm guessing
    Something is slightly tweaked down in the frame. Has anyone had the same problem, and does anyone know how to fix it? I am also looking for a parts supplier and an exploded view of the gun.
    Thanks

BlackGun
    (2/5/02 3:59:57 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: CZ70 Bouble action trouble
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hi Rich, welcome to TFF. Even though I don't have an answer for you, I'd like to invite you stick around and join in the fun in our othere forums. Stop by the Pump House lounge for a cold one. The first one is on Warpig and myself.
    Tread On Me, But, Leave My DONUT Alone! !

BlackGUN

Edited by: BlackGun at: 2/6/02 1:17:41 pm

gun runner john
    (2/5/02 5:52:47 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: CZ70 Bouble action trouble
    I have a CZ-50, which is almost the same gun, but the DA works fine. I took a look, and it's not obvious what might be wrong with your gun without looking at the gun itself. Sorry I can't be more help...

AntiqueDr
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/6/02 9:15:51 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: CZ70 Bouble action trouble
    Explain "doesnt work in double-action." Does the trigger pull to the rear or no?

We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com

Rich in Lincoln
    (2/26/02 1:01:30 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del The problem with the CZ's double action
    Well, I hope I didn’t wait to long to respond but here's the problem:
    The transfer bar doesn’t' engage the hammer for some reason. So, the trigger goes to the rear and the only thing that happens is that the sear drops (but, since the hammer is already forward, this is
    Pretty useless...)

AntiqueDr
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/26/02 1:04:34 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: The problem with the CZ's double action
    I dont have a schematic on that gun in front of me (I'll find one), but may of those type DA's have a spring that holds the transfer bar up in place. Will the gun cycle DA if you turn it upside down?

We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com

Rich in Lincoln
    (2/27/02 6:06:44 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: The problem with the CZ's double action
    That seemed to be the nature of the problem: a weak spring. When I had the slide and grips off, I could make the double action work or not work by applying a light force on the transfer bar. It seemed like there was a spring that was weak or out of place at one end.

2. TrygR

TrygR New Member

So what was the issue? I pulled my CZ 70 apart to stone the trigger and sear and upon reassembly I'm having the same problem with the transfer bar not staying in position to contact the hammer/sear. It will held upside down, so it appears that something holds it in position like a spring. I have a schematic but I see nothing on it. Please help if you have suggestions.