The Firearms Forum banner

21 - 40 of 5706 Posts

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Re: Chaplains Corner

Thank you,Terry. I enjoyed that more than anything else I did today.

·
Registered
468 Posts

Thanks Terry. I'll be looking forward to the future posts.

·
Registered
7,914 Posts

I hope that everybody had a beautiful Easter, may God bless you all.

Thanks for the thread Terry. :)

·
Registered
8,781 Posts

We just returned from church on this beautiful Sunday morning. As we drove home, I was thinking to myself that here in this country, my family and I can attend the church of our choice and worship as we please. And we can do this without passing through checkpoints, without showing papers, without passing through falling bombs and gunfire.

Thank you, dear Lord, for Your continued blessings on this great nation. May we strive to be worthy of Your grace.
Good post Juker;

Awesome things that we all take for granted for too often.
Let's do our best to keep things this way as long as humanly possible,
then call for the divine assistance.

·
Administrator
10,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #26

Good morning!

Today is Easter Monday, the day after Easter Sunday. It should not be surprising that the most important event of the Christian year is celebrated on more than just one day.
From a Roman Catholic site, I got this description of this day:

Christians celebrated the days immediately following Easter - the most
important holy day in the Christian church -by telling jokes, playing pranks, and feasting on lamb. People would add fragrant oil or perfume to the Easter water they brought home from church, and then use this water to sprinkle and bless their food, pets, gardens, and homes.
Easter Monday morning, men would wake their wives with a spritz of the perfumed Easter water as they whispered, "May you never wither."
On Easter Tuesday, women would return the favor as they awakened their husbands with a bucketful of the scented water!

I don't have a problem with any kind of joyful activity today, because this is a most joyous time. The tomb is EMPTY!! Christ is RISEN!! At Christmas we sing “Joy to the world, the Lord is come”. Yesterday, Easter, we sang “Christ the Lord is Risen Today!” Today, Easter Monday, we should be singing “Joy to the world, the Lord is Risen!”
Jesus told us what to do after he had risen from the tomb:
Mark 16:14-20 (KJV); Afterward he appeared unto the eleven as they sat at meat, and upbraided them with their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they believed not them which had seen him after he was risen. And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned. And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover. So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God. And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen.

I will talk to you again tomorrow, and may God give a blessing to each one of you.

·
Administrator
10,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #28

The storms blew through here last night with great gusto. There were severe storm warnings, tornado warnings and flash flood warnings all around us and for most of the night. It has been two weeks since a freak straight line wind took down three trees, part of the roof off our back porch, and blew everything off the porch itself except our generator. My new five burner gas grill with a full propane tank was laying out in the yard, and our four aderondak chairs were scattered for fifty yards.
When the storms started last night, I moved the grill into the house; it would not take another trip across the lawn. But this morning when the sun came up, I surveyed the place and everything is fine.
I am reminded of one line in the Hymn "Stand By Me."
"When the storms of life are raging, stand by me!"

And he does.

Whether it is the weather type of storms, or the storms of economic disaster, illness, loss of a loved one, depression, or the myriad of other storms which we face in this life - God is always there, standing by us.

Thank you, Lord!!

·
Administrator
10,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #32

Hey, this guy is GOOD!!
I LOVE to put humor in whenever possible; it gets folks attention, and is the perfect way to get a point across.

Thank you!

·
Administrator
10,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #33

Today is Administrative Professionals Day, once named Secretary's Day. There was a time when this name was appropriate, but it no longer fits the duties that are handled by these highly skilled and dedicated people.
This day is always on Wednesday in the middle of Administrative Professionals Week, which is always the last full week in April. This week was first recognized in 1952 as Secretary's Week, and the name was changed in 2000. The computer was in large part responsible for the transformation of the old 'secretary' into 'administrative professional. Gone are the days when a secretary sits in the bosses office and takes shorthand dictation, then later types out the correspondence on a typewriter. An administrative professional no longer needs to know shorthand, but they now have to understand a computer, and be very proficient in many different programs on it; a word processor, a spreadsheet, a data-base, a scheduling program and e-mail are almost universal everywhere, but each particular industry will have specific programs for their business which must be learned.
This is not a recognized national holiday in the United States, but instead it falls in the middle of the work week to allow employers to show their appreciation for Administrative Professionals while at work. Some recognitions are quite elaborate, with social gatherings, speeches, presentations, etc. Some other employers simply ignore the day completely, but most supervisors have a better understanding than that, and they will let their people know they are appreciated by taking them out to lunch, or some other way to show that their contributions are valuable to the company.
I wish every Administrative Professional out there a VERY happy day today. Understand that you are making a valuable contribution to your company, even if that company does not appear to recognize it. Take solace in the realization that the success of your boss would not be possible without you!
Scripture says nothing of Administrative professionals, but it addresses workers in general:
1 Timothy 5:18 (KJV); For the scripture saith, Thou shalt not muzzle the ox that treadeth out the corn. And, The labourer is worthy of his reward.

Virtually every business has one or more people that fit in this category. Find yours today, and at the very least tell them "Thank you!"

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts

Very good advise Terry.

I would like to add that it is an inspiration for me to read this thread each and every morning. I am very proud to have a forum Champlain, and I am sure others feel the same way. I think the Forum made a wise choice by appointing you as our spiritual leader. Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts

I just checked this out, i found it to be most refreshing Praise the Lord for this particular forum. I look forward to reading what the Servant of the Lord has to share with us from the Word of God.

·
Administrator
10,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #37

I sure appreciate the support, guys, and am very happy to continue this daily.

The Word of God tells us;
2nd Samuel 7:18 (KJV):"Then went king David in, and sat before the Lord, and he said, Who am I, O Lord God? and what is my house, that thou hast brought me hitherto?"

David communed with God. He sat before him, and asked him questions, fully expecting to receive answers. We ask questions of God also, but do we receive answers?
God speaks to us today just as surely as he always has spoken to his people. If we do not hear him, the fault lies with us, not with him.
The Vine association has an excellent piece which explains why we don't hear God speaking to us more often. It is titled The Discipline of Stillness:

“Here are three reasons we don't hear God speaking to us more often:
(1) We don't know how to handle His silence. When God seems to be silent we think, "Did I ask the wrong question? Was I foolish to expect an answer?" Don't be upset. God's a living being, not an answering machine; He speaks when He has something to say to you.
(2) We don't listen for God's voice. In addition to carving out blocks of quiet time to listen to God, you must learn to keep your ears tuned to Him all the time. One Christian author writes: "A friend of mine has a company car equipped with AM/FM radio, a CD player, a phone and mobile communication unit which he consistently monitors at a low decibel level. Often we've been riding together, talking and listening to music, when all of a sudden he'll reach down, pick up the microphone and say, 'I'm here, what's up?' With all the other noise in the car I never hear the signal, but he has tuned his ear to it. He's able to carry on a conversation and listen to music without ever missing an incoming call." And it's possible for you to develop that same sensitivity to God's voice.
(3) We don't plan to do anything about it. When God speaks we listen, nod and say, "How interesting!" If we don't follow up on His leadings, God may see no reason to continue speaking. When He speaks to us it's usually toward one end - obedience!”

May God richly bless each one here, and keep them safe in these troubled times -

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts

AMEN

Another great reading Terry, Thanks, you bring the word to us and that is a good thing.
I know I really appreciated it, and I'm sure you have a lot of followers in theis fourm.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts

Thank you Terry, it is good to start the day with with a few words of instruction to help us communicate better with the God.

21 - 40 of 5706 Posts