The Firearms Forum banner

21 - 40 of 88 Posts

·
Well-Known Mumbler
Aromatherapy 😍
4,250 Posts
8/29/2020
This is more of a conversation with a few stupid questions in it.
Him- I just bought a pistol in PA and they said I have to have it transferred to a NY dealer.
Is this true.
Me- Yes
Him- So I can have it sent to you and I just come up and pick it up?.
Me- Yes we do transfers all the time.
Him- What do I need when I come to pick it up?. And how much does it cost.
Me- You need to bring your drivers lic. and your pistol permit and it cost $45.
Him- OH I need a pistol permit?.
Me- Yes and I need to do a 4473 back round check on you.
Him- I do not have a pistol permit and when I bought it they did not do a back round check so why do you need to do one?.
Me- Because it is up to the dealer giving you the pistol to do it but it does not matter because if you do not have a NY pistol permit you can not have a pistol in NY.
Him- But I already paid for it. Can't you just get it and give it to me?.
Me- NO I have to follow the law. You do live in NY right?.
Him- Yes. Can I just tell you I have a pistol permit or do you have to see it.
Me- Not only do I have to see it but the pistol has to be added to the permit before I can give it to you.
Him- Do I have to pass the back round check to get it?.
Me- YES but it does not matter if you do not have a NY pistol permit you can not have a pistol in NY.
Him- I think you are being a hard A** and I will find someone else to get it for me. F### YOU.
Me- HAVE A GOOD DAY!!!!!!
And I hung up.
This was not a young person. It sounded like a middle aged person who had no idea what they were doing.
Just another day for me.
Maybe it’s antifa!

·
Registered
4,165 Posts
We used to get one of these every now and then.
Customer, My son is building a rocket and I need to buy some gunpowder. What type should I get.?
My answer, I don't know, here is Cabels phone number . I'm sure they can answer all your questions.

·
Premium Member
12,987 Posts
We used to get one of these every now and then.
Customer, My son is building a rocket and I need to buy some gunpowder. What type should I get.?
My answer, I don't know, here is Cabels phone number . I'm sure they can answer all your questions.
Next time you get such a request (and there will be a next time) give them JPL/NASA's phone number 818-354-4321. :)

·
Registered
5,185 Posts
Got this one yesterday.
"How do I make a my bolt action 30-06 rifle into a semi auto rifle?."
I answered you can't and got the question I was expecting.
"Why?."
It can be done but to what end. The answer to Why is you do not have enough money. The Pedersen device from the end of WWI is an example that comes to mind. In the end they were able to covert a full power battle rifle, 30/06 to fire a 77 grain pop gun round generating energies just a bit north of the 32acp mouse gun. One of Bill Ruger early experiments was to convert a lever action to semi auto.

·
Registered
16,916 Posts

·
Garandaholic
9,379 Posts
8/29/2020
This is more of a conversation with a few stupid questions in it.
Him- I just bought a pistol in PA and they said I have to have it transferred to a NY dealer.
Is this true.
Me- Yes
Him- So I can have it sent to you and I just come up and pick it up?.
Me- Yes we do transfers all the time.
Him- What do I need when I come to pick it up?. And how much does it cost.
Me- You need to bring your drivers lic. and your pistol permit and it cost $45.
Him- OH I need a pistol permit?.
Me- Yes and I need to do a 4473 back round check on you.
Him- I do not have a pistol permit and when I bought it they did not do a back round check so why do you need to do one?.
Me- Because it is up to the dealer giving you the pistol to do it but it does not matter because if you do not have a NY pistol permit you can not have a pistol in NY.
Him- But I already paid for it. Can't you just get it and give it to me?.
Me- NO I have to follow the law. You do live in NY right?.
Him- Yes. Can I just tell you I have a pistol permit or do you have to see it.
Me- Not only do I have to see it but the pistol has to be added to the permit before I can give it to you.
Him- Do I have to pass the back round check to get it?.
Me- YES but it does not matter if you do not have a NY pistol permit you can not have a pistol in NY.
Him- I think you are being a hard A** and I will find someone else to get it for me. F### YOU.
Me- HAVE A GOOD DAY!!!!!!
And I hung up.
This was not a young person. It sounded like a middle aged person who had no idea what they were doing.
Just another day for me.
That person probably just as ignorantly voted for the people that put those rules in place.
But, they go away mad at you, not them.

·
Registered
16,916 Posts
Well heckfire. I try to learn something new everyday, so I reckon I can go back to bed now, cuz I done learned something new.

Thanks ral357, for educating me. :)

·
Registered
105 Posts
shooting my 686 yesterday.
OH wow you have wooden grips on that monster.
i must have had a very puzzled look on my face as the
guy asked me how i can hang onto it.
so i one handed it and shot it DA just to make a point.
seriously it's a .357 mag and i was shooting .38 plus + loads
so not that big a deal. but having a guy half my age asking how
i could hang onto a gun... guess i'm still a bit puzzled.

·
9,045 Posts
shooting my 686 yesterday.
OH wow you have wooden grips on that monster.
i must have had a very puzzled look on my face as the
guy asked me how i can hang onto it.
so i one handed it and shot it DA just to make a point.
seriously it's a .357 mag and i was shooting .38 plus + loads
so not that big a deal. but having a guy half my age asking how
i could hang onto a gun... guess i'm still a bit puzzled.
It is fun when I'm at the indoor range shooting my .40s then break out the .357, you get looks from all over, it sounds like a cannon going off in there.

·
Premium Member
9,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Yesterday I got the call (From another area code) about ammo he was looking for 25-06 and when I said I do not have any he asked who did and when I said "I do not know" he asked.
"Can you call around and ask other dealers and give me a call back when you find some"?.
I said no.
And I got the "Why"
Me-Because I do not have the time and that is your job not mine.
Him- Well I guess I will have to look up numbers and make calls. You sure you do not have any?.
Me- Yes and have a good day.
CLICK........

·
Premium Member
11,193 Posts
Good grief! Sounds like that commercial where a neighbor asks a neighbor if he knows a good contractor....then says good, call him and set up an appt., get references, etc.

Had to be under 40....

·
Premium Member
9,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Just got a message left.
Now keep in mind my answering machine says my hours and it says I am closed on Saturday and Sunday.
Answered left.
"Hello are you there?. Are you open?. Can you call me back today I am looking for ammo?.

21 - 40 of 88 Posts