The Firearms Forum banner

61 - 80 of 88 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
To day I got a call asking if I had magazines for a M&P. When I said no I do not stock mags but can get them if they are available.
He went on to say that If I am a gun shop way the F do I not stock mags all he has is 16 rounders and he just moved into my county from MO. and this state laws are BS he went on for about 5 min. about this like it was my fault. (I can not tell you here what he was saying due to every other words was cursing) I told him I agree these laws are not right but for now the law is the law. I told him I could block his mags after he gets a permit.
Unfortunately for him my partner was in the shop and could hear what was being said and took the phone from me and talked to him.
He told him he has a few pistols and was told he needs a NY pistol permit to have them in this state. He went ballistic on my partner.
He was told he needs to turn them in to LEO or a shop that works with the LEO and they would be returned after he gets his permit.
I could hear him yelling about this and the phone was across the room.
My partner said after the call that this guy said he will always carry one with or with out the permit. He was told where to go to get his permit and he said something to the effect of I guess I have no choice but I will not be telling them I have guns and I am not turning them in to anybody.
Now keep in mind that we all here do not agree with the safe act laws and LEO do not arest for these laws.
BUT
If you have such a bad attitude and are quick to go off then you are not the best person to carry a gun because you can not control your emotions which can be a very bad thing.
So this guy will be getting a talking too when he goes into the pistol permit division to get his paper work and shows a MO. lic.
I know these laws are BS but they are the law and acting like a deranged person will never help you out.
Oh yea I have gotten 20 to 30 calls a day looking for ammo and guns and the people that call always say the same thing when I say no I do not have any.
"WHY?"

·
TFF Chaplain
18,891 Posts
Thanks for some more entertainment.

(I can not tell you here what he was saying due to every other words was cursing)
It's amazing. If curse words didn't exist, some people would have nothing to say and the world would be a much quieter place.

That guy sounds like he is pushing himself into a serious problem. He is what Proverbs calls a fool because he can't control his mouth. He just doesn't think, admitting he has magazines that are larger capacity than state law allows.

Sure you don't like the laws. But as you say, you have to live with them, just as I have to live with the laws over here. Hopefully you can get yours changed.

·
Premium Member
9,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Thanks for some more entertainment.
He just doesn't think, admitting he has magazines that are larger capacity than state law allows.
Heck he told my partner he had at lest 3 pistols which with out a permit in NY can get you some time in jail AND your guns will be taken with NO chance of getting them back.
For those of you that do not know. My partner is a Sgt. for the department this guy has to go to to get his permit.

·
Super Moderator
25,738 Posts
Hey, ya got any of them hydraulic bullets in stock???
I`ll call back later.......
:lol:
You looking for some of them Federal Hydro Shoks? :D

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Back in the early 90s I was at a local gun shop and this guy game in clearly miffed, as he walking to the counted he started pulling the gun out of the case. Needless to say he was stopped right quick. being a fairly friendly shop they explained his mistake and set the gun behind the counter and asked how they can help him. He said he wanted his money back as he just purchased it the day before and fired 1 round through it. He said it is clearly broken when i fired it only half the bullet came out, i pulled back on the lever (bolt) and the other half went flying as he stood there empty cartridge in hand. pretty much everybody witnessing the spectical just stood there in silence for a moment. then they took the gun back and asked if he wanted a different gun with the clear looks on their face that they hoped he would say no. which he did. he said he didnt wanna do buisness with someone who sells faulty firearms.

·
Registered
16,922 Posts
That's just called being a newbie.

I can't think of how many cartoons, TV shows, movies, and let's not forget the Joe Isuzu commercial, where when they fire a gun they show the entire cartridge going down range.

If he has no actual firearms experience, then he has to rely on what he has seen on the television.

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
That's just called being a newbie.

I can't think of how many cartoons, TV shows, movies, and let's not forget the Joe Isuzu commercial, where when they fire a gun they show the entire cartridge going down range.

If he has no actual firearms experience, then he has to rely on what he has seen on the television.
sounds like what the democrats in office think actually happens

·
TFF Chaplain
18,891 Posts

·
GUNZILLA
5,984 Posts
A while back I was checking my zero on my 30-06 for deer season, when this young wannabe ranger/seal/green beret/swat Leo , who lives in the basement of his mother's house asked what I was shooting and I told him. He recommended that I should get instead a .243 Winchester magnum because it was more powerful and would be better suited for longer distances since I was at the 200 yard lane.

There are times that attempts should be made to enlighten some one and than there are times people will see you talking to a wall and know that you are crazy so I elected not to give anyone the illusion that I was nuts.

So I invited him to shoot my Tikka T3 Lite rifle in 30-06 and told him that my shoulder could not take the recoil of such a powerful gun as the ".243 Magnum" as he kept stating. I loaded a 220 grain round that I have not shot in decades as I only shoot 165 grainers now and thought this was a great way to use up the remaining 220 grainers. Well he shot it and winced from the pain and he gracefully thanked me. I asked him to shoot again and he declined. So he went to his table and I never saw him again afterwards.

Sometimes, action speaks volumes whereas words fall on deaf ears. Granted I should not have been mean since the rifle weighs 6 1/4 pounds. I wonder if he ever learned his lesson.

@sharps4590 I wonder if it is the same person that stated the 9mm penetrates better than the .45 acp.

·
Registered
183 Posts
A while back I was checking my zero on my 30-06 for deer season, when this young wannabe ranger/seal/green beret/swat Leo , who lives in the basement of his mother's house asked what I was shooting and I told him. He recommended that I should get instead a .243 Winchester magnum because it was more powerful and would be better suited for longer distances since I was at the 200 yard lane.

There are times that attempts should be made to enlighten some one and than there are times people will see you talking to a wall and know that you are crazy so I elected not to give anyone the illusion that I was nuts.

So I invited him to shoot my Tikka T3 Lite rifle in 30-06 and told him that my shoulder could not take the recoil of such a powerful gun as the ".243 Magnum" as he kept stating. I loaded a 220 grain round that I have not shot in decades as I only shoot 165 grainers now and thought this was a great way to use up the remaining 220 grainers. Well he shot it and winced from the pain and he gracefully thanked me. I asked him to shoot again and he declined. So he went to his table and I never saw him again afterwards.

Sometimes, action speaks volumes whereas words fall on deaf ears. Granted I should not have been mean since the rifle weighs 6 1/4 pounds. I wonder if he ever learned his lesson.

@sharps4590 I wonder if it is the same person that stated the 9mm penetrates better than the .45 acp.
You should have told him to keep it away from his shoulder, when shooting

·
Registered
183 Posts
I don't know who is the BS artist here, but I was talking to a guy I know who had bought an AR-15 about a year ago.
He said the guy at the gun store could make it full auto for $100.00!

·
TFF Chaplain
18,891 Posts
He said the guy at the gun store could make it full auto for $100.00!
And he can get some of his life back for...what's the fine for having an unregistered full auto?

Reactions: joe45c and howlnmad

·
Registered
4,771 Posts
My best so far-guy wanted to know why his BCG did'nt operate properly...My question-when you put on your new A2 stock---Why did you put a carbine spring and buffer in it?

·
Registered
9,292 Posts
I had a guy call and ask if I could make an 8 bore barrel that could shoot an .840 round ball, I said no my tooling is designed to make them in 8 bore, .828 they use an .815 ball. He said oh no, that won't do, I have an .840 mold.

·
Registered
16,922 Posts
I don't know what it might be now but back in the mid 70's it was $10,000 fine 10 years in prison, Hi my name is Bubba!
It's still 10 years - I guess 10 years is 10 years is 10 years. But $10,000 isn't as much nowadays as it was back then.

The fine is now $250, 000.00.

61 - 80 of 88 Posts