The Firearms Forum banner

81 - 100 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
was out in the shed cleaning my guns from yesterday and
neighbor came in to shoot the breeze, he ask me if i knew how
to remove a magazine disconnect.
i said yes and he asked if i would do it for him.
NO, sorry but NO.
why?
well what i do to my guns is my business what i do to
your guns may very well became some lawyers business
and i don't feel like paying tens of thousands of dollars or jail
time because i did a neighbor a favor.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I get people asking fairly often if we sell toy boxes and/or wooden cribs.
I reply that we don't sell toy boxes but we do have storage chests and NONE of the companies we deal with offer a crib.
Then comes a variation of Goofy's favorite question... "Why not?".
My standard response is "Sadly there's too many lawyers in this country."

·
Registered
120 Posts
I get people asking fairly often if we sell toy boxes and/or wooden cribs.
I reply that we don't sell toy boxes but we do have storage chests and NONE of the companies we deal with offer a crib.
Then comes a variation of Goofy's favorite question... "Why not?".
My standard response is "Sadly there's too many lawyers in this country."
what part of Mass your from, i grew up in dorchester and lived on the south shore most of my adult life before moving to florida in 2015

·
Premium Member
9,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
Getting back to why I started this thread. (Hint... Hint...).

Then comes a variation of Goofy's favorite question... "Why not?"."
I try when I here that to stay professional but it is hard.
And getting harder every day.
I have gotten 8 calls for ammo and 5 for guns today and at lest 6 of those calls I herd the "Why"
So I have started answering.
It is the Covid fault with a little fault going to the fact it is a election year.
This happens every 4 years. Do you not remember the last election?.
They just hang up saying something to the words of "This is BS"

·
Registered
17,010 Posts
I can understand why Goofy does not have certain types of guns, or certain types of ammunition.

What I don't understand is why a furniture maker will not make a toy box or a crib. Why? Lawyers. That doesn't actually answer the question. How is the ABC furniture company expecting to get sued for making a crib?

·
TFF Chaplain
19,266 Posts
Getting back to why I started this thread. (Hint... Hint...).
My apologies for off-track replies I've made. I have excuses, but...:oops:

It is the Covid fault with a little fault going to the fact it is a election year.
Just a suggestion: Try putting the blame on the Chinese for turning this COVID loose on the world.:punch:

·
Premium Member
9,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
I thought I would add to this post because I get yelled at every day now because I have no ammo for sale.
I got another call this morning asking if I could fix a gun that did not fire last year when he was shooting at a big buck (Sure ok it is always a big buck).
I told him If he needs parts it would NOT be ready for opening day (Which is 3 days away) and he should have gotten it to me this summer. He asked what is wrong with it and I told him I had no idea intill I have the gun in my hand. He asked if he dropped it off could he pick it up on Saturday and I told him that first I would have to see the gun to say what is wrong with it and I would not be open from This Friday thru next week and he got mad and asked why. I told him I would be going hunting myself and again he should have thought about it (Hold on)...... (Another call for ammo) So anyway he got upset with me and called me a Fn AH and I got POed and said (which I should not have done) "What ever But I will going hunting because I take care of business LONG before season I don't wait intill the last minute like you" All I herd was the phone hang up.
I am getting calls (Hold on)....... (another call for ammo) for ammo 20+ times a day. And all ask "Why does no one have ammo?" and when I tell them no one has had ammo for 6 months they say this is BS and it is MY fault for not stocking enough and I tell them I had a full shelf 6 months ago and why did they wait so long to look and it is not my fault they waited to the last min. to look for ammo they will need in a few days. It is your fault not mine.
In the last 3 weeks I have gotten 24 guns in that need to be fixed for the opening day. I have got them all done and there is still 5 in the shop that need to be picked up. (In a hurry to get them fixed but not in a hurry to pay to get them).
I just got done calling AGAIN to tell them to pick them up now because I will be closed Friday and hear all kinds of BS about closing to go hunting.
Just got another call for ammo. that makes 6 so far today and it is only 9:30.
I can not believe that people are so dumb.
Hold on................. This call was for a gun so they can go hunting in 3 days. And when I said no they asked if I had any ammo in case they can find a gun. I said NO and NO.
Any body want to place a bet on how many calls I get today for guns and ammo to use in 3 days?.
I have even gotten calls for "Just a few rounds so they can go out and will pay what ever it takes"
Stupid is as stupid does.
You just can not fix stupid.

·
TFF Chaplain
19,266 Posts
Sorry...I could not resist... 😄

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
goofy,

I more then know what you have to deal with ignorant people.

Back in the late 1980’s I worked for two different auto parts stores, about every third customer who came in with a dead battery would want a replacement, and within a day or two they would be back complaining that the battery was defective and wanted a new one. Both stores had a policy that the battery was checked before it sold was and if it was returned it would need to be charged over night, and most likely it was their vehicles alternator that was at fault to which we would offer them to bring in the alternator for a free test. That almost always turned into the customer claiming that it was the batterys fault. Most of the time they did not want to bring in their alternator because they did not have the tools or know how to remove it from the engine. One of ignorant customer actually tried to punch me. He was thrown out the store by the sales staff, some other customers and I. Then when he threatened to come back and shoot us all, we held him for the police and it turned out he had a warrant for something else and on top he was charged with felonies assault, and off to prison he went. Or we would get people who would want us to diagnose their vehicles problem and they were told we do not do that and to take it to mechanic, and we have to endure their rantings. That was kind of a stressful job in that I never knew when the next idiot would call or walk in the door.

I know I have more than once told of my working for a company that built and sold AR uppers, and every time an upper was returned for some kind of problem, it was always the fault of the upper when it was something as stupid as firing steel case ammo and gumming up the chamber. I must had “Repaired” 500 uppers by squirting lighter fluid in the chamber and scrubbing out the crap from steel case ammo. The really stupid thing was that every upper was sold with an attached note informing Do not fire steel case ammo. In the 6-1/2 years I worked for this company I must had seen at least 50 or more bulged or burst barrels were the customer would claim it was a defective barrel. The company’s owners bought a Hawkeye bore scope and it was always obvious that it was a bore obstruction. The complainant would claim it was factory ammo, so they were told to take up the matter with who ever manufactured the ammo. I remember one 24” SS, heavy varmint that had four bullets stacked end to end 8” or so from the chamber. Guess someone forgot to add the gunpowder to those cartridges.

So goofy, don’t let these moronic individuals rankle you and spoil your deer hunt by dwelling on their stupidity. Just go out and enjoy nature and hopefully fill your freezer with 100 pounds or more of venison. Have a good and happy hunt.

·
Premium Member
9,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
goofy,
So goofy, don’t let these moronic individuals rankle you and spoil your deer hunt by dwelling on their stupidity. Just go out and enjoy nature and hopefully fill your freezer with 100 pounds or more of venison. Have a good and happy hunt.
65 hours and 47 min. to go.
But who's counting.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Goofy, Stay home and answer the phone you would not want to disappoint those nutsos that have waited until the truck is packed for the hunt to buy a box of ammo.....ammo? What ammo? Rifle season started a little over a week ago and my buddy and I have six deer at the processors. We even have ammo left over, maybe we could “ lease to buy” ammunition to those in need:D

·
Premium Member
17,487 Posts
Mike i'll be down there on the 30th hopefully if i run out of 7mm-08 ammo i'll stop by and since i know you won't be in the shop i'll head out to your deer stand see if you might have some. If not i'll see if i can Cram in a .50 bmg round :sneaky:

·
Premium Member
9,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #98 (Edited)
Mike i'll be down there on the 30th hopefully if i run out of 7mm-08 ammo i'll stop by and sense i know you won't be in the shop i'll head out to your deer stand see if you might have some. If not i'll see if i can Cram in a .50 bmg round :sneaky:
Oh you will definitely cram a .50 :eek:
No problem.
Just ware all brown and grunt a little so I know it is you.:rolleyes::sneaky::eek:
63 1/2 hours to go.
But again who's counting.

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
For you a very good friend. ;)
Yes I do and it will only cost you $10.00 a round.o_O
But only because you are a friend I will give up 8 or 9 rounds.:sneaky:
That's the call I "was" getting from friends that know I'm well stocked, and pretty close to the answer they get.
Then they get bent, "Well you have more than you'll ever use!"
The call usually ends when I respond "Not really, I was just watching reruns of "The Walking Dead", and I think I might need some more."

81 - 100 of 138 Posts