The Firearms Forum banner

101 - 120 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Hey Mike, I really need a gun looked at before our season starts next Saturday. If I brought it to you tomorrow, could you look at it and fix it. The thing-a-mabob doesn't seem to be meshing with the dohicky so the shell isn't ejecting properly. In fact, there are 3 casings stuck in the barrel right now. Oh, and the scope doesn't seem to hold a position. My shots are all over the place. And the trigger seems really hard to pull. Oh, and while you have it, could you re-blue the metal and refinish the wood? Your a gem. Thanks for looking at it on such short notice and during your hunting season. Oh, and don't forget, I want a full estimate and a friend's discount. Thanks again, Mike! I will drop it off tomorrow and pick it up on Wednesday. Oh, and if you could throw in about 5 boxes of ammo, that would be awesome!

Please don't be mad at me, Mike, I was only joking ... enjoy your hunt!

·
Premium Member
9,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
Hey Mike, I really need a gun looked at before our season starts next Saturday. If I brought it to you tomorrow, could you look at it and fix it. The thing-a-mabob doesn't seem to be meshing with the dohicky so the shell isn't ejecting properly. In fact, there are 3 casings stuck in the barrel right now. Oh, and the scope doesn't seem to hold a position. My shots are all over the place. And the trigger seems really hard to pull. Oh, and while you have it, could you re-blue the metal and refinish the wood? Your a gem. Thanks for looking at it on such short notice and during your hunting season. Oh, and don't forget, I want a full estimate and a friend's discount. Thanks again, Mike! I will drop it off tomorrow and pick it up on Wednesday. Oh, and if you could throw in about 5 boxes of ammo, that would be awesome!

Please don't be mad at me, Mike, I was only joking ... enjoy your hunt!
Not a problem just drop it off with a down payment of $50,000 then we can settle up on Thursday when you bring a cooked turkey with all the trimmings. Dinner will be for 10 people (Not counting you) so make it a 25lb turkey.
Oh one more thing
CASH ONLY!!!!!!
16 hours and counting.
But who is counting.
25 hours to the cursing walk out saying I did not see a thing. With temps in the 40s and 50s they will have to be stepped on for them to move.
I can not believe I am still getting calls for ammo and even had 2 people ignore the closed signs and walk in to ask for ammo.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Mike, If you cannot get to Aspec’s rifle no sweat send it to me and I will take care of it. I have a premium grade WW I take off 1903 barrel that still has a little rifling left, I was able to straighten it in my vise ( forget the jaw marks) and refinished it with Walmart Krylon. Will charge for Krylon only Rest is a gift to someone as thoughtful as Aspec. Ha ha ha ha!

·
Registered
120 Posts
so a few of you know i made a really big score on primers and powder.
well a somehow someone at the range found out ( now i will never tell anyone, not even my priest)
so he said name you price for a 1k primers.
i said i really like you daniel defence AR10 , i'll swap you a thousand for your AR.
well he got all belligerent and called me every longshore name under the sun.... well
when you say name your price and that was my price. take it or leave it... my score and
my primers are not for sale for any price.
as many of you said in other threads and post, if an opportunity arises for ammo/primers/powder
don't hesitate jump on as fast as you can.
even projectiles are 5 weeks out for delivery

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
I can not believe I am still getting calls for ammo and even had 2 people ignore the closed signs and walk in to ask for ammo.
I can believe it ... growing up in a GM Dealership family and hearing the customers that think they are always right demanding stuff ... I have come to the conclusion that working with people would be a great gig if you just didn't have to deal with people ... Good luck tomorrow, Mike. Fill the freezer!

·
Registered
299 Posts
Maybe but there are 2 signs one on the road under big shop sign and one on the metal saw hoarse that blocks the drive way at the end.
Hey Goofy, Do you know there's a big metal saw horse blocking your drive way?
Probably pranksters.
Don't worry, I moved it and tossed the "closed" sign, too.

....the nerve of some people....;)

·
Registered
17,010 Posts
I was thinking that signs are for intelligent people, and locked doors are for morons.

Then I will remembered my first job. Bagboy at a grocery store. The store had automatic doors. You stepped on the treadle which made the door open. The store closed at 8:00. The manager would go over and lock the entrance door, and hang the sign on it that said CLOSED. As the people that were still in the store finished up and checked out, they would go out the out door, and an employee would stay there to keep people from coming in the out door.

So it's 8:30. The store has been officially closed for half an hour. A man comes up and walks up onto the in door treadle, which does not work because the door is locked. Ignoring the big closed sign on the door, he starts knocking on the glass. We ignore him. Finally the last customer is all bagged up and she goes out the out door. And this other guy comes walking in.

So signs are for intelligent people. Locked doors are for morons. But nothing works against the entitled.

·
9,339 Posts
I thought I would add to this post because I get yelled at every day now because I have no ammo for sale.
I got another call this morning asking if I could fix a gun that did not fire last year when he was shooting at a big buck (Sure ok it is always a big buck).
I told him If he needs parts it would NOT be ready for opening day (Which is 3 days away) and he should have gotten it to me this summer. He asked what is wrong with it and I told him I had no idea intill I have the gun in my hand. He asked if he dropped it off could he pick it up on Saturday and I told him that first I would have to see the gun to say what is wrong with it and I would not be open from This Friday thru next week and he got mad and asked why. I told him I would be going hunting myself and again he should have thought about it (Hold on)...... (Another call for ammo) So anyway he got upset with me and called me a Fn AH and I got POed and said (which I should not have done) "What ever But I will going hunting because I take care of business LONG before season I don't wait intill the last minute like you" All I herd was the phone hang up.
I am getting calls (Hold on)....... (another call for ammo) for ammo 20+ times a day. And all ask "Why does no one have ammo?" and when I tell them no one has had ammo for 6 months they say this is BS and it is MY fault for not stocking enough and I tell them I had a full shelf 6 months ago and why did they wait so long to look and it is not my fault they waited to the last min. to look for ammo they will need in a few days. It is your fault not mine.
In the last 3 weeks I have gotten 24 guns in that need to be fixed for the opening day. I have got them all done and there is still 5 in the shop that need to be picked up. (In a hurry to get them fixed but not in a hurry to pay to get them).
I just got done calling AGAIN to tell them to pick them up now because I will be closed Friday and hear all kinds of BS about closing to go hunting.
Just got another call for ammo. that makes 6 so far today and it is only 9:30.
I can not believe that people are so dumb.
Hold on................. This call was for a gun so they can go hunting in 3 days. And when I said no they asked if I had any ammo in case they can find a gun. I said NO and NO.
Any body want to place a bet on how many calls I get today for guns and ammo to use in 3 days?.
I have even gotten calls for "Just a few rounds so they can go out and will pay what ever it takes"
Stupid is as stupid does.
You just can not fix stupid.
Mike, I am sure somebody will sell you some on here, just ask. LOL

·
TFF Chaplain
19,266 Posts
23 hours till I walk out grumbling.....:mad:
Ohh, just face it. One of the things that makes you happy is having something to grumble about.:D

·
Premium Member
9,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #119 (Edited)
Ohh, just face it. One of the things that makes you happy is having something to grumble about.:D
Ok I will agree with that.
1 hour till I go out and 1 hour 45 min. till I can shoot.
But who is counting.......
It is windy and in the 40s (Which is the normal high for this time of year) and going into the upper 40s to 50 so I doubt anything will be moving on there own. But I know the hunting camp that hunts behind me is full of people so they should get bored by 10 am and start walking around and maybe push something.
We will see.
Sitting here having coffee listening to wind blow. It says it will be 10 to 15 mph today but the good thing is it is out of the NNW and I am on a ESE facing hill so it will be going over me.
Well 1/2 hour to go for me to go so I will let you all know tonight what happened to day.
Come on hunting gods let me see some meat.

101 - 120 of 138 Posts