dan wesson question?

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by fleetwood1976, Apr 29, 2009.

1. fleetwood1976

fleetwood1976 Well-Known Member

I just picked up a model W12 dan wesson .357 with external barrel nut, In the original matching serial number box with all the goodies. I am not interested in value, I know I probably paid too much for it ($399), but rather how to get the 6 inch and 2 1/2 inch barrels for it. It has the original 4 inch barrel with pork chop shroud. I didn't know if any of you knew of a good source for them. I am monitoring *********, without much luck. I was hoping someone out there specialized in them or something. I want the 6 inch for sure, but probably will end up with the 2 1/2 too. Also, back to the gun, I have always wanted to pick one up, and this model was kind of different with the external barrel nut. The serial number is 23xx, so I am assuming it is an early production. I didn't know if these were more or less desirable than newer models. I am a collector, so the older the better for me.

2. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

Numrich arms used to carry them, but I just looked and they are sold out of most of them. Here is a link for future reference: http://www.e-gunparts.com/productschem.asp?chrMasterModel=1320z14 Your best bet it to keep watching the auction sites!

Several years ago I had one of the Dan Wesson .44 Magnums with 4 barrels and shrouds. Oh Man, I sure do wish I had kept it. :(

Last edited: Apr 29, 2009

3. oscarmayer

oscarmayer New Member

good luck locating a barrel i've been looking too .once in a great while e-bay has one as does some of the auction sites but it seems when you're looking for something you can never find it once you find it they seem to pop up all over the place,

4. Tom

Tom Member

You may want to try CZ-USA. They are the current Dan Wesson owners. I got a light 6" barrel for my 744 from them a couple of yrs. ago.

5. 40CalJoe

40CalJoe New Member

Man, this was my first gun purchase in 79. I think I paid $199. I loved that gun. I remember when the 6" barrell was on, it looked mean and shot very accurately. I wish I still had it. Hope you find the other 2. :)

6. IraIII

IraIII New Member

Hi, try the Dan wesson Forum at danwessonforum.com. Also try *********.com, Ive seen the porkchops on both sites.