The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ruger, Leupold, Hornady, Mossberg, Sig Saur, and IPhone8, with the last name being the most ironic, are some of the names that Spellcheck or what ever is installed in my accursed IPhone8 always claim they are miss spelled. What is annoying is that it will not learn these names no matter how many times I type them. Any more you folks know of ?

P.S. Is this the correct sub forum for this topic ? It is firearms related. If not, moderators can move it.

·
Super Moderator
40,042 Posts
You can add them to your dictionary so that they do not show up as miss-spelled. At least you can on a computer, I have not tried with my iPhone.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I does not automatically change the names, but it dose underline them with red dashes. It is actually more humorous then annoying. As for teaching it the correct spelling, I have not found that feature.

Ted. It was moved almost as soon as I posted it. I believe I’m not in the dog house for it.

·
Super Moderator
26,907 Posts
I don't have an iphone, I have an android. If I use the word enough, it will add them or I can go in and add them myself.

Reactions: BlackEagle

·
TFF Chaplain
19,707 Posts
And some of those choices spell-check tries to substitute can be hilarious.

Reactions: jbmid1 and joe45c

·
Super Moderator
26,907 Posts
What I like about the android phone, it tries to anticipate what you're trying to spell and gives you the correct spelling to choose from. My chromebook underlines a mis-spelled word, but I don't know how to get the correct spelling.

Reactions: BlackEagle

·
Super Moderator
40,042 Posts
You click on the red underlined word and a popup will give you the right spelling and will also give you the opportunity to add the word to your dictionary.

·
Super Moderator
26,907 Posts
Thank you, I did not know that.

·
Premium Member
475 Posts
What I like about the android phone, it tries to anticipate what you're trying to spell and gives you the correct spelling to choose from. My chromebook underlines a mis-spelled word, but I don't know how to get the correct spelling.
On the computer I open a second window and type the word in the search box and it brings up the correct spelling and sometimes the definition. On my phone that dang auto correct makes sound like im trying to speak in ebonics or something.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts