Davis .380 Disassembly

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by CountryGunsmith, Feb 24, 2003.

1. CountryGunsmith

CountryGunsmith New Member

yzingerr
    (10/14/02 12:32:56 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Davis P-380 Pistol Dis-assembly HELP!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Davis P-380 Pistol Dis-assembly HELP! How do you dissasemble this handgun? I know there are a few of you on this board that have owned or currently own one of these... please help! Also, does anyone know where to get a parts/dissasembly manual for this? Thanks for any and all help! Please respond to YZINGERR@aol.com Thank YOU!

gun runner john
    *TFF Staff*
    (10/14/02 10:35:13 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Davis P-380 Pistol Dis-assembly HELP!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I've been lead to believe that if you shoot 50-75 rounds through it, it'll disassemble itself!

AntiqueDr
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (10/14/02 1:20:06 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Davis P-380 Pistol Dis-assembly HELP!
    I dont routinely work on these, so lets see if I remember correctly.

Start with an unloaded gun. Remove the magazine. At the rear of the gun, press the takedown latch forward (roundish piece the end of the firing pin sticks though to indicate its loaded). You should be able to lift the rear of the slide then move it and the recoil spring forward off the frame.

We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com
    Master Dealer for Kimber, Wilson Combat and Dan Wesson

CaliCollector
    V.I.P. Member
    (10/19/02 10:17:29 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Davis P-380 Pistol Dis-assembly HELP!
    i admit to having had one of these once.. and i remember a disassembly procedure simular to that Doc said..but i think you can once the gun is empty and mag is out, pointed in a safe direction of course.. pull the slide back all the way and lift up on the back end... then slide it all off the front of the barrel... been about 8 years or so since i played with one though so my memory could be faulty.. hope this helps.. Ray in California
    "Beware the man with only one gun, chances are he KNOWS how to use it."