Davis hanguns?

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Zigzag2, Feb 25, 2003.

1. Zigzag2

Zigzag2 Guest

yzingerr
    (2/18/02 11:39:54 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Davis hanguns?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I just got a davis industries gun for free and i wanted to know a little about it. The companies web site is no longer, they look like junk guns, can you tell me a little about it? Thanks

AntiqueDr
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/19/02 12:04:44 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del

Re: Davis hanguns?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Free is about the right price. I am assuming you are talking about the little derringer. They made them in calibers larger than .22, but I think I would draw the line there.

$30 piece.

We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com

Zigzag2
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/19/02 7:38:43 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Davis hanguns?
    Yep... yzingerr, free is a reasonable price. You did'nt happen to get it from 1 of the Boyz in the hood did ya'? (jus kiddin')
    Davis also produced a couple of auto's in 32 & 380.
    I believe them to be the pre-ban assult weapons that our government wanted off of the streets.

Good luck with it.

shooter45 us
    *TFF Chief Of Staff*
    (2/19/02 7:49:49 am)
    Junkguns.

Bob In St Louis
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/19/02 8:14:18 am)
    Four out of five of the semiautos are prone to jamming. The one you can get to fire is inaccurate as hell. Most of them are more useful as a thrown object.
    Crusty Cruffler of Fine Spanish Pistols - Eibar Rules!

topgun11pi412
    (3/11/02 6:16:37 pm)
    get it really really clean and keep it wrapped up in your boot. if you ever nail someone, use it as a plant. it's great for a throwdown or a trotline weight. i am kidding about using it as a plant. i found one on a creek bank once upon a time. it came back free and clear so i plinked with the little .25. it was like riding a really big woman. it might be fun but you don't want anyone seeing you use it.

velvetnsteel
    (3/12/02 8:30:31 pm)
    Davis....Jennings.....Hi Point..........all paperweight material!
    Long live the Swedish Mauser!!

Bill
    (1/1/03 7:43:25 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Davis Guns
    Bought a .22 mag Davis and was satisfied with its feel, shootability, trigger and smallness. It can be hidden in the palm of your hand. So next I bought a .38 Special. Terrible !!
    Trigger pull got worse after shooting it. I would actually have to pull with 2 fingers to get it to fire. The recoil was horrible and I couldn't hit anywhere near where I aimed it. For a pocket pistol I settled on a Kel-Tec .32 auto and I'm very satisfied with it.