The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
had to burn a vacation day so I went to the range. And what is especially cool is that a buddy of mine who is the RSO there had put me in for a free day, so all I paid was for 3 targets and two boxes of ammo!

Got out the 9mm. CZ-P01 (wasn't shooting it that well to be honest and my DA accuracy needs a lot of work), and both XD models. I wonder if going from the striker fired XD to the DA/SA CZ trigger had me out of wack? Still I had a much better day than I usually have with the XDs. Shooting still needs a lot of work, which means I need to speed up getting out of the city and getting a place I can shoot every day.
20190426_111221.jpg
20190426_142224.jpg 20190426_142341.jpg 20190426_112434.jpg 20190426_114140.jpg

·
Premium Member
34,532 Posts
had to burn a vacation day so I went to the range. And what is especially cool is that a buddy of mine who is the RSO there had put me in for a free day, so all I paid was for 3 targets and two boxes of ammo!

Got out the 9mm. CZ-P01 (wasn't shooting it that well to be honest and my DA accuracy needs a lot of work), and both XD models. I wonder if going from the striker fired XD to the DA/SA CZ trigger had me out of wack? Still I had a much better day than I usually have with the XDs. Shooting still needs a lot of work, which means I need to speed up getting out of the city and getting a place I can shoot every day.
View attachment 176644
View attachment 176646 View attachment 176648 View attachment 176650 View attachment 176652
Love that shirt!

·
Premium Member
34,532 Posts

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks. It seems as much as I want to switch to the CZ I’m much better with the striker fired XD. I need a few hundred more rounds in DA with the P-01 in any event. My first shot unless I go real slow is always very low. And if I ever need to use it it won’t be a slow measured shot most likely. Maybe a new pistol for my birthday is in order.

·
Premium Member
19,612 Posts
I am on vacation this week and went to the range 2 times. I don't get to the pistol range as much as I should. I shoot trap every week but not even once a month at the pistol range.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Sounds like you had a good day. Some dry fire practice will help you with that trigger pull. Get some snap caps or even just spent brass if you don't like dry firing your guns, and practice keeping good sight alignment and sight picture while pulling the trigger. Do it a couple of times a week and you might just surprise yourself the next time you go to the range

·
No Power Options
13,378 Posts
Any day at the range is a great day, whether you shoot well or not. I never fail to learn something new even on quality stand buys that I thought I knew like the back of my hand. Nice shooting.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts