The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How was hunting this year?

I dont' see many pictures of this years harvest. I always likd looking at the pictures on here.

Me, I havent got out much this year.

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
I haven't seen any around. My neighbor has been out, but not sure if he got anything.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Dont make fun of it... its in the freezer now! Thats all I care about, the food aspect.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
Nice buck ShawnDow, we got 2 bucks this year, about the size of yours.

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
I hunt for meat, couldn't care less about horns!

and got skunked this year. Saw lots of does, no legal deer though. Bucks only here. Saw lots of elk (legal bulls too) during deer, none during elk.

came close to getting a bear a couple times but could not connect... next year...

·
Registered
97 Posts
I got one doe down so far. Still have one more doe tag to go. As far as the buck tag....tag soup. Didn't take any pictures of the doe.

·
Registered
490 Posts
papadude.. we don't see too many like that in my neck of the woods.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Here are a few pics of some caught on a tree cam behind my house....

Attachments

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Hice! Happy Hunting, guys! :thumbsup:

G

·
Not too good so far. All I got was a spare tire and a muffler. The local Taxidermist wont do a Euro mount on either of them.

·
Banned
2,751 Posts
Pretty slow here. I got lucky on opening day and shot 3 does. My boys hunted hard for two weeks and didn't see anything but fawns. Most of the big-buck hunters I know got skunked, course the rain and sleet for almost a week didn't help much.

·
Premium Member
2,657 Posts
Wannta see pictures, just wait, I leave tomorrow morning for Tennessee for a 8-10 day hunting trip. My daughter lives in my old homeplace. Her son is 18 and loves to take grandaddy hunting just to show him up. He has already baged 6 last week. In our part of
TN you are allowed 3 deer a day, either sex. So it should be a good hunt.
These pictures may be of doe but at least I am amost sure I can post a few.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Only thing I have seen is doe's, and 1 hog with my buddy that he got (I was to slow to the rifle :(). Walked the glades last weekend in a couple different areas just a couple cottonmouths. Not done yet hoping for better luck.

·
Registered
6,064 Posts
I got a doe the second day of primitive weapons. First rifle season just started last weekend. I haven't had a chance to go yet but I've got til the end of Jan.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
D3 drought levels in my hunting area, very poor success ratios due to that.
One pond that held a monster Moose I was watching last year was completely dried up this year. The bear take is down too because of low berry growth in this area. Last year we saw 4 bears, and scat everywhere. This year not a sign.
Our group got 1 Muley Buck, and that's ALL we saw in 6 days! For 5 guys!
Last year we saw over 2 dozen Deer and several Elk.
Many camps gave up and pulled out after 3-4 days, it was so bad.
That's the bitch of Colorado hunting, your stuck in your draw area, no matter what.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts