deer license

Discussion in 'The Hunting & Fishing Forum' started by warpig, Feb 24, 2003.

1. warpig

warpig Guest

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (7/3/02 10:00:51 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All
    ezSupporter
    deer license
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Just got the info for the Mule deer hunt I was going to do on the Cheyenne River Sioux Reservation. Mule deer tag is $400 and Whitetail is $200. www.basec.net/~crstgfp/huntmain.htm

Guess I will pass and just do the regular state tag for $25.00
    "I'M NOT GOING TO HAVE SOME REPORTERS PAWING THROUGH OUR PAPERS. WE ARE THE PRESIDENT." - Hillary Clinton commenting on the release of subpoenaed documents

kdub01
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (7/3/02 11:42:27 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: deer license
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Things is shore gettin' expensive, ain't they, Pig!
    "Keep Off The Ridgeline"

Zigzag2
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (7/4/02 11:14:32 am)
    that would be some expensive Jerky...

cointoss 2
    *TFF Staff*
    (7/4/02 2:39:58 pm)
    Piggy come on down with me an Kdub, still expensive, but we won't tell on you about any Capt. Morgain visions you might have.
    cointoss2

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (7/4/02 2:48:53 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: deer license
    Been thinking about it , just can't afford it
    "I'M NOT GOING TO HAVE SOME REPORTERS PAWING THROUGH OUR PAPERS. WE ARE THE PRESIDENT." - Hillary Clinton commenting on the release of subpoenaed documents

kdub01
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (7/4/02 3:04:27 pm)
    Maybe you'll win the lottery, or get a big juicy bribe as Mayor, and be able to come along! Who knows - we won't count you out 'til the morning season arrives!
    "Keep Off The Ridgeline"

oldguide32
    V.I.P. Member
    (7/5/02 8:53:48 pm)
    Yep, my Jake and I bought 2 elk tags and a buck tag yesterday and it cost us $70. But we look at that as recreation with the meat as a free bonus. We don't golf, bowl, tennis, etc so money spent on hunting is our substitute.

RockinU
    (7/16/02 1:11:21 pm)
    Some of those guided elk hunts in the White Mountains of Arizona can get up around $15,000. And most of the pay to kill deals in South Texas work on a formula where they figure the cost is the gross score, remove the 1 and add two 0's, so that a book deer of 170 gross b&c costs $7,000. The only way I can afford to hunt trophy class deer was to get a good group of hunters together and get a lease, and manage, manage, manage...so far it's working, last year we took deer that measured 168 7/8, 149 3/8, and 2 8 pts that were over 135 as management deer.