·
*VMBB Senior Chief Of Staff*
26,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID!"

A person steals guns, (which is against the law),
shoots and kill his own mother (which is against the law),
then transports the guns, loaded (which is against the law),
and brings them on school property (which is against the law)
He breaks into the school (which is against the law).
Discharges the weapons within city limits (which is against the law)
murdering 26 people (which is against the law) and
commits suicide (which is against the law).

Government solution...............pass another law..

·
Garandaholic
9,512 Posts
ahhh, but that is the issue isn't it? Passing laws is ALL the government can do. Government folks (and many Americans) have lost the understanding of freedom. Sometimes bad things happen and government ISN'T the solution, because ALL government can do is pass more laws.

How about this?

In order to pass a new law, you must take one old law off the books?

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
makes sense, right? we attempt to legislate safety into our lives, not possible in this case at least. Any law we make is only going to be followed by LAC's who pose no threat in the first place. We banned cocaine, heroin and meth; highly illegal yet more abundant than ever.

I guess the gun control crowd thinks that if they pass a law, all scary guns will vanish magically and it's 'just the reasonable thing to do' and 'doing nothing is not an option'.

doing nothing is in fact the best option at present until we can reverse the asinine stuff already in place, we need to focus on our economy and other things of more importance than who can own certain guns.

·
Premium Member
34,532 Posts
ahhh, but that is the issue isn't it? Passing laws is ALL the government can do. Government folks (and many Americans) have lost the understanding of freedom. Sometimes bad things happen and government ISN'T the solution, because ALL government can do is pass more laws.

How about this?

In order to pass a new law, you must take one old law off the books?
At this point in time I think that for government to pass a law into effect, they should have to remove at least a dozen laws first! What scares me most is that I realize most folks in America will call the authorities any time they need help. Be it food, clothing, shelter, or protection. Most simply can not understand that these are gained by hard work, and taking care of business!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts