Delayed fishing trip

Discussion in 'The Hunting & Fishing Forum' started by m77user, Jun 29, 2020.

1. m77user

m77user Well-Known Member

Saturday I had an order to deliver to Tiber Marina and my 2 sons and I were going to fish for a few hours. The weather report all week had been for partly cloudy skies and a high of 83 in the afternoon. The plan was for Greg and I to leave at 0300 and drive to Great Falls and pick up Michael. So far so good. We got to Great Falls and met Mike at the gas station and filled up the boat and truck. Clear skies an off we go.

About 12 miles out of town we can see a cloud of smoke on the horizon and wonder where the fire is. As we crest a ridge we see vehicles with their flashers on and pulled off the road. This is a narrow 2 way blacktop so we pull in behind a truck pulling a pontoon boat. they come back to the truck and tell us someone coming from the other direction has a problem. The car caught fire and traffic was stopped from both directions. Everyone was okay and after an hour and a half we got back on the road.

Delivered the tackle to the Marina and got 2 dozen minnows and told Sean, the owner, I would be back around 4 to pick up what he does not want of the new rigs I brought for him to look over. Rain started as soon as we pulled away from the dock. Started up the Marias and pulled into a bay where we have had success in the past. By now the wind had begun to blow a little; 3 foot rollers and rain. I caught the first fish a small perch and that was it for me. After an hour fishing the bay we headed to another spot slightly more protected from the wind. Just as we got there the wind died down and the fishing picked up. Greg and Mike both caught 6 walleye and I caught a lot of manure about my fishing skills.
    We got back to the Marina and the boys took the boat over to be inspected for invasive species and I went in to pick up my check and whatever Sean did not want. As soon as I came in Sean said he was taking everything and had already sold out of some tahings I had just dropped off. The day was a good time got to fish with my boys and experience another water rodeo on a small scale. Hope everyone has a great day. Thanks for listening to me ramble on about my day.

2. gdmoody

gdmoody Full Time Moderator Moderator Supporting Member

Does sound like a great day. You got to go fishing with your sons and then got paid for it when you got back!!

3. shootbrownelk

shootbrownelk Well-Known Member

Made money and had a fish dinner with the boys?

BlackEagle likes this.
  4. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member Administrator Moderator Supporting Member

Glad you had a great time.

shootbrownelk and BlackEagle like this.
  5. m77user

m77user Well-Known Member

I only kept 1 to filet for our daughter. The others were all released.

shootbrownelk likes this.