The Firearms Forum banner

Delisle carbine

10K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  MartinL 
#1 ·
Anyone have experience with a Delisle carbine? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/De_Lisle_carbine Or one of the copies that some companies make? I have an Enfield that was not safe to shoot 303 British in. I bought a conversion kit for 45 acp that consisted of a barrel and mag adaptor. It was tough to get the barrel off, but the new barrel attached like a Savage with a barrel nut and I head spaced it with a dummy round. The Enfield extractor also had to be ground down a bit to make things right. I also attached a scope mount and extended eye relief shotgun scope

After shooting it for a while I decided to profile the barrel to accept an aluminum 50 caliber silencer I made for My Encore. All I had to do to fit the silencer to the profiled barrel was to remove the spacers and stick the baffles in the last six inches of the silencer tube.

The end result was a rifle that shot my 850 fps hand loads at nearly 1000 fps and would group about 4 inches at 100 yards. It likes Hornady 230 FMJ best, but still has ejection problems and I have to be careful how I work the bolt to feed it.

I want to make a better copy of the Delisle carbine after I design an offset silencer and submit the tax stamp application to the ATF for approval. I will turn down and thread another barrel to set back father into the action and use a cut down bolt. Designing the silencer is not a big deal, but I have never cut down a bolt before. It seems to be as simple as removing about two inches then carefully welding it back together along with a shorter firing pin. I am away from home right now, so the bolt mod plans are all in my head. Here is a pic of what my first project looks like. The bipod is just there to hold it up for the pic.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to modify the bolt? Thanks.

ML

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
They are still a current part of our SF kit and 5 reside in the armoury at Campbell Barracks ,

dunno about the rest though

i made a .45 ACP rifle to chew up the ammo after i sent mine to our Army ( illegal weapon in civilian world here) for someone else to use but had nearly 3000 rnds of private ammo , and got a bit bored i think

i have a copy of the Delisle Blue prints i think maybe the Welrod,

i forget to be honest

i'll dig em out and post em either way

cheers

jack

heres a gung ho photo stat feom the 80's about the delisle and the welrod blueprints ( silencer is similer)

the round in the pic is a .303 brit ball for size reference sorry if it confuses

cheers

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.