The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In sorting though brass I pick up at the range I occasionally find empty brass with unfired primers. I just sorted a batch of 250 9mm cases and found six that had unfired primers. There was no mark where the primer had been hit with a firing pin. I've been tossing them out, but it occurs to me that I might miss one some day and wonder if there is any danger in depriming them?

I also find some unfired rounds that have a firing pin strike on the primer and I've been tossing them out also. Would it be safe to pull the bullet and save it?

· Registered
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm pretty much with everybody else on this... Why on earth would there be un-fired primed empty cases at a shooting range? Did the projectiles and powder fall out before they had a chance to shoot them???? :rolleyes: That doesn't make any sense at all...:confused:
That was going to be my next question - why would empty cases have unfired primers? They are not all the same primer either. Three are bass colored like the Winchester WSP and three are silver colored.

· Registered
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Let me go out on a limb....I don't really care anymore......

JUST BE HONEST.......you are more likely to get
honest help in return......

[P.S. My loads fall apart all the time...
all over the floor at the range....and they have
warned me, if it continues, they will bar me from
shooting there.]
Not sure if that is addressed to me or not, but if it is I have not had a single failed load of any kind. I've only fired just over 200 hand loads so far, but all of them have loaded, fired, and ejected without a problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.