Derringer

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Zigzag2, Feb 25, 2003.

1. Zigzag2

Zigzag2 Guest

Drawn
    (7/12/02 1:36:32 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Derringer
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    So what do the pro's know about this?
    Stamped on the barrel is:
    Derringer F I. E (or at least it looks like an E or S) MIAMI FLA.
    CAL .38 SPECIAL
    sn#018088

Looks to me like the lands are shot although what looks to me like missing sections of the lands from what I can see without a bore scope are identical in both barrels. It also looks one of the chamber walls has what looks like a vertical crack in about 1/4 of the circumference of the wall.
    Any info date, worth, was it at one time a reliable piece?

Thanks Drawn

Edited by: Drawn at: 7/12/02 11:17:24 am

Zigzag2
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (7/12/02 9:30:07 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Derringer
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    IMHO, sounds like a paperweight

Bob In St Louis
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (7/12/02 12:05:53 pm)
    FIE at one time (1960s, 70s) imported a lot of cheaply made derringers and small caliber revolvers from various sources - Germany, Brasil, Phillipines. The quality on most were poor to begin with, and they sold cheap when new. Sounds like this one is pretty well, as Zig said, a paperweight.
    Crusty Cruffler of Fine Spanish Pistols - Eibar Rules!

Xracer
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (7/12/02 6:45:51 pm)
    Ziggy.....it was a paperweight when new....now, it's not even worth that.

Drawn
    (7/13/02 10:27:49 am)
    I'm fileing the fireing pins as we speak.

Tac401
    Administrator
    (7/13/02 6:14:35 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del

Re: Derringer
    I remember the FIE "TITAN" .25acp small auto's, they
    were often priced around $30.00 I think.
    TFF VMBB Email Tac

kornhauser
    (10/17/02 7:22:09 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del derringer
    I had one of those! Great to load with shot-shells when mowing the lawn.

Traded my brother the pistol for his food dehydrator many moons ago. Still feel guilty.

Xracer
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (10/18/02 7:40:26 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: derringer
    Well, I wouldn't go shootin' any +Ps thru it. Those things were cheap crap to start with, and I don't suppose it's improved any with age.

Sure-fire paperweight material.

AGunguy
    *TFF Staff*
    (10/20/02 3:59:25 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: derringer
    From the discription of the cracked barrel it sounds like a handgrennade to me.

Diffinetly a wall hanger or paper or fishing sinker or paint the grips red and use it as a mail pickup flag on you're mail box.

GG