Desert Eagle

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Mr. Nameless, Apr 12, 2009.

1. Mr. Nameless

Mr. Nameless New Member

I am currently thinking of purchasing a D. Eagle and I was wondering about the prices for the different calibers to decide which one to get. I am looking at the .50AE and want to know your opinion on this.

BMP

2. bestseller92

bestseller92 New Member

If you don't reload and expect to shoot the .50 AE much, I hope you are well-heeled financially.

3. Mr. Nameless

Mr. Nameless New Member

I work for a PMC company out in the feild, so ya I'm good at the moment.

4. JUNKKING

JUNKKING Well-Known Member

Had the Desert Eagle in .50 AE back then a buck a bang and the recoil really unpleasurable left a bad taste for the really big guns for me.

5. TheGunClinger

TheGunClinger Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I have the .50 AE and love it! Yes, it has a helluva kick but thats what I want it to do. I got plenty of smaller weapons. Something for all occasions. As for ammo, at Bass Pro shops it is about $3.00 a round if you can find it at all and if you reload as I do it will cost about .90 cents a round. I keep 500 rounds loaded and ready to go. Its a bitch keeping your brass as when you shoot someone trys to snag the casing as a trophy. Last gun show they were selling for $1200-1400 depending on model. There is a show coming up here in a couple of weeks. Hope they have something good.

6. bestseller92

bestseller92 New Member

As a novelty, the .50 might be fun. For a serious handgun, there are far better and less expensive choices that will be just as effective and will allow you to practice far more often.

7. hkruss

hkruss Active Member

You must be related to Glocknut!!:D

Helluva pistol. Not pleasant to shoot very many rounds through at one time as I recall. But, if it appeals to you, go for it!

8. Mr. Nameless

Mr. Nameless New Member

I have shot a 8 round mag in 3 seconds and didn't have any problems, needless to say though, they were not accurate shots except the first. But I'm looking for the price of the gun it self in:
    50AE
    .44 mag
    .357 mag
    and I think they make a .45 ACP

9. Mr. Nameless

Mr. Nameless New Member

I'm goin .44 mag on this one thanks alot everyone.

10. Mosin_Nagant_Fan

Mosin_Nagant_Fan Active Member

The Baby Eagle is in .45ACP, but not the bulky Desert Eagle, unless there was a limited running in that caliber.