The Firearms Forum banner

Determining value of a First Variation AC41 P38

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Big Coulee 
#1 ·
I am new to collecting German pistols, and I need some help from the experts.

I have a chance to purchase a First Variation AC41 P38, and I need to know a good value range so I may negotiate with the owner - I hope you can help me with this.

The pistol is all-matching, including the grips and the magazine, but has a worn finish. I will include photos, and await your comments, questions, and, hopefully, your answers.

Firearm Gun Trigger Airsoft gun Gun accessory
Firearm Gun Trigger Starting pistol Gun accessory
Gun Trigger Starting pistol Revolver
Luxury vehicle
Firearm Gun Trigger Airsoft Starting pistol
Font Metal
Sky Light Hand Finger Photography

See less See more
#2 ·
neelyja That ac 41 P.38 is very nice !! It is unusual to find a P.38 magazine with matching serial number to the pistol . The finish on the piece appears to be all original and from the pics it looks like there is about 50 to 60 % of it remaining (maybe 60% +). That is just my guess. The grips are very nice and it appears they also contain the gun's serial number. That is a big plus. The bore of the barrel is bright and shiny too and that is a big plus. I'm not an expert by a long shot but I do have several P.38 pistols in my WWII weapons collection and I value them highly. I hope you are looking at this piece as a collector and not as a shooter, because this piece definitely has some collector value . I'll look up some info in some reference books I have that aren't too old but from the recent gunshows I've attended pieces like this are priced at $1000 to $1200. But those pieces have a little more original finish remaining than what your pics show. I have an ac 42 P.38 and an ac 44 P.38 with original 42 dated hard shell holster and an original 44 dated soft shell holster. The 42 unit is valued at $1300 and the 44 unit is valued at $1100 . As I mentioned I'm sure no expert on these matters but can only offer you my humble opinion. I hope you can make a deal with the current owner soon because this kind of stuff is only going in one direction UP ! Big Coulee

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.