The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Deutsche Werke Werk ERFURT 7.65 mm (32 cal.) Serial # 90237. I have seen valuations that run the gammit from $100 and up. I am looking for parts as well, mine is missing the left side grip and the clip. Last time that I fired it (20 plus years ago) it fired great! Would like to find the missing parts and have it gone through by a local gunsmith. Firearm Gun Trigger Starting pistol Gun accessory

Firearm Gun Trigger Gun barrel Starting pistol

·
Registered
6,379 Posts
That pistol is commonly called the Ortgies, after the inventor. Check www.gunpartscorp.com for reproduction (plastic) grips and reproduction magazines.

I know of no source of wood grips for that gun. Many of the original grips were broken by owners who tried to pry them off, not knowing how to remove them properly.

Jim

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Jim K, is that another gun that was forced to use a strange grip retention system because of John Browning's patents? Or was that only in the USA?

Oh, and yes, Fatstrat, links to other forums are OK as far as I know. Only sales links are restricted.

PS - this place:

http://www.vintagegungrips.com/

claims to have Ortgies grips, including wood ones. I cannot vouch for them in any way. (I should add that this pistol is better known as Ortgies, rather than Deutsche Werke. Ortgies was the original manufacturer, who was bought out by Deutsche Werke.)

·
Banned
5,425 Posts
I've actually bid on a couple of these at auctions - they simply went higher than I could pay at the time. The last one I saw in 6.35mm (.25 ACP) went for $285.

·
Registered
6,379 Posts
Hi, Lanrezac,

Yes, I think the Browning patent probably had an influence since many of those guns were imported and sold in the U.S. Many folks think they are all vet bringbacks, but I think the vast majority were imported by outfits like Stoeger.

I tried the link to Vintage, but the site does not open.

Jim

·
Banned
5,425 Posts
Been doing some checking on parts - looks like the only place to find them fairly easily is in Europe. Most of the pages are in German but I'll see what I can find. My German is a bit rusty.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
I'd ask on Gunboards.com. It's a military collectors website. And while this pistil technically isn't a military arm, some were undoubtedly used by the Germans in WW-2. There are forums for both German arms and modern pistols. Alot of those milsurp collectors are parts collectors as well. And I say if you need a collectible piece, go where the collectors are.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.