The Firearms Forum banner
21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
5,690 Posts
My mom always made deviled eggs with just mayo and mustard. I made mine the same way she did and accidently put sweet relish in it one day. I guess I forgot what I was making and thought I was making potato salad. I thought I had ruined it but it was so good that now I make it that way all the time but I would never, ever put vinegar in it.

·
11,947 Posts
My mom always made deviled eggs with just mayo and mustard. I made mine the same way she did and accidently put sweet relish in it one day. I guess I forgot what I was making and thought I was making potato salad. I thought I had ruined it but it was so good that now I make it that way all the time but I would never, ever put vinegar in it.
My favorite!!

·
Banned
5,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
My favorite!!
Hey what ever you like is fine. I'm always surprised on the variety of things that pop up on these simple dishes.

Our friend makes deviled eggs tangy with a stuffed green 💚 olive on top I love them.......wife doesn't.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
I make them every year for the family get together on Easter & Christmas.
I hard boil 18 eggs, then split in half length ways. Separate the yokes from the whites & lay the whites in my special tray. Mash up the yokes with a fork until fine then dump into a food processor. pour in about a cup or a little more of Miracle Whip & process until smooth.
Then add two good squirts of mustard & while processing add sugar until the surface has a shine to it. It's not much maybe 1/4 cup.
Then I scoop out the mixture into a large freezer Ziploc bag seal it then cut off the tip of the corner to make a dispensing bag. I put a large amount of the yoke mixture into each egg white cup, then lightly sprinkle smoked paprika in a small spot on top.

·
Banned
5,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 · (Edited)
I make them every year for the family get together on Easter & Christmas.
I hard boil 18 eggs, then split in half length ways. Separate the yokes from the whites & lay the whites in my special tray. Mash up the yokes with a fork until fine then dump into a food processor. pour in about a cup or a little more of Miracle Whip & process until smooth.
Then add two good squirts of mustard & while processing add sugar until the surface has a shine to it. It's not much maybe 1/4 cup.
Then I scoop out the mixture into a large freezer Ziploc bag seal it then cut off the tip of the corner to make a dispensing bag. I put a large amount of the yoke mixture into each egg white cup, then lightly sprinkle smoked paprika in a small spot on top.
Excellent ! Sounds a lot like my late mother in law's old hunkie deviled eggs she used Hungarian paprika on top. Made 18-24 eggs for our crew (and me).

I'm good except for the Miracle Whip we prefer Hellman's mayo well for 50+ years for me until my wife bought Berman's......I'm hooked ! But MW would be fine just a personal preference -but- sugar is a new one on us.

·
Well-Known Mumbler
Aromatherapy 😍
4,286 Posts
Cut medium-soft boiled eggs in half, remove yolks to a bowl. Add a bit of whole milk, followed a bit of garlic powder, onion powder and a pinch of dill weed. Mix with fork. Stuff back into the halves. Enjoy!

Another good one is a dash of onion and garlic powders and sliced sweet pickles, following whole milk. Sometimes I’ll add a bit of butter or mayonnaise to either, but usually just whole milk.

Mmmmmmm

Broot

·
Banned
5,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Miracle whip is nasty... hahaha
I like MW once in awhile for a change of taste then back to good ol' Hellman's for over 50 years I thought I'd NEVER switch, ever until my wife was at Aldi's and brought home a jar of Berman's Mayonnaise.

It looks exactly like Hellman's a copy a complete knockoff down to the lettering on the jar........ except it tasted better AND it was cheaper I'm hooked. And Berman's mustard (looks like French's) catsup (looks like Heinz) and more.

SO you never know, like I've always said......"you have to try new things", especially in food ! :)

·
Garandaholic
9,551 Posts
A little easier to read version of Martha Stewart's recipe.

I also like deviled eggs with a few drops of Frank's Red ♥ Hot sauce or Tabasco on mine especially together with hotdogs and sauerkraut !

Ingredients
Ingredient Checklist
  • 8 large eggs
  • 1/3 cup mayonnaise
  • 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
  • 1 teaspoon white-wine vinegar
  • Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper

Directions
Instructions Checklist
  • Step 1
    In a medium saucepan, cover eggs with 1 inch of water. Bring to a boil; remove from heat. Cover and let stand 12 minutes. Drain eggs; run under cold water until cool enough to handle.
  • Step 2
    Peel and halve eggs lengthwise; remove yolks and transfer to a bowl. Mash with a fork; mix in mayonnaise, mustard, and vinegar. Press through a sieve to make smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
  • Step 3
    Using a pastry bag fitted with desired tip (we used plain and star tips), pipe yolk mixture into whites. Serve immediately, or chill up to 2 hours.
Cook's Notes
Instead of piping the filling with a pastry bag and tip, you can use a resealable plastic bag with a corner snipped off. Or simply spoon it into the egg whites.
That's exactly how we make them except we sprinkle with a little paprika.

·
Banned
5,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 · (Edited)
Added some cream cheese, a small amount of ranch seasoning and some slap your mama seasoning to basic recipe. Really good.
That sounds good. Kind of like a grilled cheese sandwich or a spam sandwich there's no wrong way to make deviled eggs......as long as YOU like them.

Still reminds me of our friend's deviled eggs that were spicy with mustard seasoning and a stuffed pimento olive on top. I loved 💕 them, my wife not so much I'd eat almost all of them. :giggle:

.......... edit add, a tip the first day take your deviled eggs out of the tray and thoroughly dry it maybe twice that day they won't get as soggy in the refrigerator to the last egg.

And we'd make at least 24+ for big gatherings.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
I just got through making up 18 eggs, that's 36 deviled eggs.
I use a steamer pot to steam the eggs instead of boiling. I put enough water in the pot to boil for 20 min. When the water gets a rolling boil I put the eggs in the top strainer & set over the boiling water & cover with the lid. For 18 eggs I steam for 14 min. After the 14 min has passed I pick up the top basket & set it in a large bowl of cold running water. When the eggs cool down I start pealing the shells off by starting to crack them from the large end.
After you get them all pealed, cut them in half lengthwise & dump the yoke out into a small bowl, then place the whites on the tray. When all are on the tray use a fork to chop up the yokes, then dump the chopped yokes into a food processor & pulse a few times. Then add a cup & half of your favorite mayo & two table spoons full of mustard. Process until smooth add 1/4 cup sugar & process again until smooth. (kids love that the sugar is in it)
Scoop out the yoke mixture into a quart Ziploc freezer bag & seal. Snip about 3/8" of the corner off & use that corner to squeeze the mixture into the white eggs shells.
Top with a light sprinkle of Paprika.

I didn't know I had already posted it. LOL

21 - 40 of 44 Posts