Diamond Back?

Discussion in 'AR 15 Forum' started by Crpdeth, Mar 30, 2017.

1. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Well-Known Member

Has anyone had a chance to get a feel for it?

I do know that Taurus is putting these AR's out, but I'm hearing some decent reviews on them... The wife is looking for an AR and after handling one at the LGS I liked the feel, for her, since it is a bit on the light side.

ysacres likes this.
  2. dbcooper

dbcooper Well-Known Member

Friends don't let friends buy Taurus

Seriously I wouldn't buy an AR made by them half the time they can't make a pistol work

crystalphoto, ysacres, Broot and 6 others like this.

3. texdon

texdon Well-Known Member

A quick search shows they are in the $500+ range and I've seen Ruger ARs for the same price. I'd lean towards Ruger, S&W, or build my own first.

ysacres, Crpdeth, gvw3 and 1 other person like this.
  4. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

I have to agree with db and tex, go with a more "established" AR builder.

Grab-a-gun has a Ruger AR-556 right now for $479.

5. Crpdeth

I know you guys are right... In retrospect and in all honesty I was trying to find something with her specific desires, on the shelf, local.
    Well that wasn't happening, so we tore off down the Interstate this morning, stopped in for a nice lunch and wound up going to several nice shops and found a few rigs pretty much like she wanted.

Then...

We happened upon a place that was new to me, owned by Vets and very knowledgeable sales people, outdoor range, custom shop, class III dealer... OMG, we walked out of that place with less question about where to get her a good quality rifle, built the way she wants it, and more question about how to afford all these options, that honestly, in our neck of the woods, were only available as pretty pictures on the Internet.

So I guess, after next week (when she gets off her cruise :rolleyes:), We'll run back up there and she can get herself a mid-range rifle and some BUIS and do some talking about a cerakote job.

6. texdon

texdon Well-Known Member

You can always buy yourself a cool new AR of your liking and give your old one to her, hey, it'll still be new to her. Win, win! ;-)

7. Crpdeth

Thanks for the input fellas... She decided on a DPMS Panther Oracle in .223 with a quad rail and Magpul BUIS and Dagger Defense sight.

I'm not sure what has caused the drop in price, unless it's just supply and demand with a slight retreat in panic buying due to our new Commander-In-Chief, but I LIKE IT!

She's giving me grief for posting this pic with her squashed hair, but she'll get over it. :D

AmberAR15.jpg

texdon, howlnmad, ysacres and 2 others like this.
  8. Crpdeth

Oh...

Texdon... The sight is a hand-me-down from me... It'll get her by until she can get an Eotech... But ME FIRST! LOL, I've been wanting one for many years and I think it's about time. The AR will keep her happy for now... At least until my Eotech gets here. :D

9. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

Oh Crpdeth, tell the Mrs. happy birthday, I saw it come up on the birthday list a week or so ago but I didn't say anything cause it had been so long since she posted herself!!

crystalphoto, texdon, ysacres and 2 others like this.
  10. Crpdeth

I sure will, man!

crystalphoto, texdon and ysacres like this.
  11. howlnmad

howlnmad Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Sweet. It should make her happy.

Crpdeth, crystalphoto and texdon like this.