The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone own one of these? Took it to the range the other day and had a trigger issue. After a few flawless mags it had a fail to fire, started clicking a little but wasn't getting enough bite on the firing pin to pull it back. Just catching it enough to click it... click click click. I think it was just dirty, not allowing the trigger bar to raise up. The TB springs are pretty light.
Anyway, got home and cleaned it and noticed that the bar seats against the rear frame rail when at rest, and the friction between the two is enough to hold the bar down until you begin to pull the trigger, then it pops up immediately. By that design I would expect that but I'd like to be sure. After racking the gun you can hear and see it pop up through the rear slide opening as you barely engage trigger pull. Removing the slide you can more easily observe this by simply pushing the bar down with a finger and see that it stays down.
It breaks down like a Glock but I don't know if the actions are similar. Anyway is this par for the course or should the springs be forcing the bar back up regardless of it seating against the rear frame?

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
What your experiencing seems to be the norm of problems on them. The trigger bar popping up right when you touch the barrel is normal and dosent affect function, but your no strike issues is either the F pin safety not fully clearing or the striker not fully going back.

·
Registered
5,354 Posts
I've looked at them, but don't own one. from my reading the various reviews and posts in reference to the gun, I noticed there are about the same number of complaints as there are satisfied customers. It do make me wonder:confused:

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What your experiencing seems to be the norm of problems on them. The trigger bar popping up right when you touch the barrel is normal and dosent affect function, but your no strike issues is either the F pin safety not fully clearing or the striker not fully going back.
I figured out the no strike issue was a result of the trigger bar not lifting due to grit (apperantly it doesn't take much). The bar was sticking halfway down, only allowing it to barely touch the sear then slip off before charging the firing pin. Cleaning resolved it. This was my first experience with this "lightly used" gun so of course it had me worried. But after finding the initial problem and reassembling the clean parts I expected the bar to pop back up on its own when pushed down with my finger, so still worried I wanted make sure this was normal.
So perhaps it's just a known fact and a non issue since like you say, it doesn't affect function.
Took it back to the range today and it performed flawlessly.
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've looked at them, but don't own one. from my reading the various reviews and posts in reference to the gun, I noticed there are about the same number of complaints as there are satisfied customers. It do make me wonder:confused:
So far I'm happy with it but time will tell. I do have to say that it is definitely a design flaw that such a small amount of grit can cause FTF. The gun didn't even appear dirty inside or out. Researching I've found this is not uncommon with this model. Diamondback could easily remedy the issue with an additional spring for lift. I see no reason for sensitivity on this part and therefore to lightly springed IMO.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts