The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was given to me as a Christmas present. I was excited until I took it to shoot today. It was brand new in the box never fired. I only put about 60 rounds through and had several misfeed/jams. I don't know if it was the ammo, me or the firearm. I was shooting American Eagle 115 gr fmj. I did read that you have to "break" this gun in with 50-100 rounds but find it hard to believe it would have this many problems (around 5). May end up being a paperweight and not a carry....Was wondering if anyone else had any issues with the DB9?:(

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Felt a little better after watching Hickock45 test this gun, noticed that he held his arms very straight and almost rigid. I took gun back out today and fired 100 rounds and only had one ftf and I purposely held it a little limp wristed and sure enough spent casing stove piped on me. Have noticed it does kick pretty hard due to the size so may have been user issue all along. Here is a pic of my first 6 shots from 7 yards.....I have carried this gun with me ever since I got it. The size is a huge plus for me as I just stick it in my pocket with the wallet style holster.

Attachments

·
Registered
420 Posts
With these smaller pistols some run better when new with 124gr ammo than 115gr , atleast till the pistols gets some run time on the recoil spring . Then they tend to shoot even the lighter low powered loads well. Well that and basic control of the pistol.

Get your self something to slip on the grip to aid control. Old free used bike inner tube or company made grip aid like from hogue. Ones free others cheap but both help after a few round have been fired. Then its a matter of finding a HP that it likes. Check at the DB forum for support for a best hp to start with.

Nice light pocket pistol!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts