Different series stamp on Ariska

Discussion in 'General Military Arms & History Forum' started by fisherman346, Feb 3, 2018.

1. fisherman346

fisherman346 Member

Ive had this rifle for about 30 yrs and finaly trying to date it. It was made at Nagoya arsenal but the series stamp matches none on the chart. It appears undamaged. In fact the bolt and so forth were still packed with cosmoline until 2 weeks ago when I cleaned it,back then I thought I`d leave it that way for collectors reasons but you know how cosmoline does. Attached is a photo if someone can help.

Attached Files:

2. Old Guns

Old Guns Well-Known Member

It may be from a broken or worn out stamp. It could be poorly struck. It looks like the top is deeper then the bottom. Why is the stock black?

3. fisherman346

fisherman346 Member

Black because at one time I started to modify it using extra parts from gun parts corp. as not to ruin the rifle since it had a really good looking rifle bore, didn`t look very used. I`ll see if I can get a better picture for further help

4. fisherman346

fisherman346 Member

Updated pictures for help figuring out series stamp.It has metal but plate and all the other goods of course no mono pod DSC02986.JPG DSC02987.JPG DSC02988.JPG DSC02989.JPG