The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
someone told me this yesterday when he ordered a 650

wow..this time is way worse than the 08 scare, I don't remember reloading being affected this bad back then

·
Registered
10,066 Posts
Maybe not presses but most certainly components and powder were effected 4 years ago.

This time will be worse as OBAMA is not tethered by wanting to get re-elected. He'll try to get his social justice, super liberal agenda passed or do it by edict. There is a real threat of gun control but what is worse is that he and his gun control co-horts have figured out that guns need ammo to work so they will find a way to limit ammo and reloading supplies. Many see this coming and the hoarding will go on for a much longer period this time. And apparently a lot of people have decided to go with reloading rather than risk having to buy ammo thinking they may skirt the potential ammo registration entertained by states like California and maybe even by the US Legislature.

LDBennett

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
stocked up some what. But as you all know,,,none of us have enough. ?I have about 7 lbs. powder; 1000 small pistol primers; and 700 large pisol primer. Found lead bullets for 45 but that don't help me for my glocks.

·
Registered
21,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
stocked up some what. But as you all know,,,none of us have enough. ?I have about 7 lbs. powder; 1000 small pistol primers; and 700 large pisol primer. Found lead bullets for 45 but that don't help me for my glocks.
I know what you mean, I have enough components to last a couple of years or more, but just knowing that you can't buy more when you want to freaks me out a little...........or a lot

·
Registered
453 Posts
I ordered a couple things from Dillon, specifically on January 27th. I got the shipment notification yesterday that my order is on its way. 2 months behind? Maybe not.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I ordered my Square Deal B from Dillon the 2nd week of Jan and got it last week. The guy did say, when I called them back once that they were 4 to 6+ weeks behind, but then they shipped out my stuff a couple days later. I also just ordered some more little things from them and it went out 2 days later, should get it Monday.

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
someone told me this yesterday when he ordered a 650

wow..this time is way worse than the 08 scare, I don't remember reloading being affected this bad back then
No scare here......
they have any part I need if I need it,
any press I have had for years.
Nothing today affects my loading to much of a degree.
[I mentioned a shortage last spring.......and was
thought of as a lunatic.]
A good Boy Scout is prepared.
Unless you are really new to the gun environment [1yr or less]
why would you not be prepared?
Y2K [hoax] should have given you some insight to the future .....
9/11 should have awakened you if you were snoozing [homeland
security/patriot act]
2008 Prez elections should have burned the hemmoroids off your ass......
[more warnings prior to 2000]
13 yrs and you didn't see a pattern ??

·
Registered
154 Posts
I ordered my Square Deal B from Dillon the 2nd week of Jan and got it last week. The guy did say, when I called them back once that they were 4 to 6+ weeks behind, but then they shipped out my stuff a couple days later. I also just ordered some more little things from them and it went out 2 days later, should get it Monday.
Just got it today, so 3-4 days from order to my door.

·
Registered
10,066 Posts
I think this rumor was started by those that hate that Dillon is the number one progressive reloading press. What's with that ????

It may be that a specific one of Dillon's presses is delayed. So far we know it is not the SQ Deal!

LDBennett

·
Registered
609 Posts
Dillon is NOT 2 months behind. ...rather, the rest of the world is two months ahead!

The gun-grabbers are after our ammo. In NY you need a background check for ammo. This stuff scares people and they begin to consider alternatives to beat dumb laws like this, including reloading.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts