The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Came across this this evening. Thought it was useful for those with a dillon and going to be adding to their variety of reloading supplies. Hope this will help others as well as myself.:D:D;)

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I do look in the book when I do add a caliber, but this is fast and easy. I'm getting ready to start 300 savage and uploaded this to my computer in gun room (Man cave).

·
Registered
10,056 Posts
There use to be a handy chart on the back of the Dillon RL550B instruction booklet. I made up a list to show the parts for every caliber I reload for and in which conversion box the shell plate, pins, and funnels could be found. There is a lot of cross usages as a lot of cartridges are based off of 30-06, 308, 38, 44, and others. Often times when I add a new caliber for me I only have to buy maybe the funnel or the shell plate and use the parts from other conversion kits. Since I reload for over 30 different cartridges and a lot of the press parts are interchangeable, I minimize my costs that way.

The link might be another way to keep track (??).

LDBennett

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
bennett, it works well. just venter which dillon you have. then enter which calibers you already have, then which you want to have. GREEN will tell you what you alreadt have as far as base plate, pins, and funnels. RED will tell you whats needed for that particular caliber in your WANTS column. Yes it is in the back of the manual, but this is easy and fast right on you computer. Pretty cool I think.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.