The Firearms Forum banner

Dillon Reloaders. Can you Identify this reloader for me.

2K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  Pawpaw40 
#1 ·
Buying a Dillon reloader from a friend for a good deal. He sent me a picture not a 100% which model im looking. I beleive 550 not sure. Any help appreciated.
Cylinder Metal Still life photography Box Brass

See less See more
#6 ·
Product Line Machine Engineering Electric blue

take a look at a loaded out machine
I would suggest that you would like the optional bullet tray shown on the left side and at least one of the blue plastic trays on the right side that can catch your finished rounds and also hold your empty cases
mine looks just about like this one, but mine has the low primer alarm

from the picture that you posted, I don't see anything that machine has to have on it to make ammo, just a good cleaning and a little lubrication in the right spots

#8 ·
That's awesome. I looked at inline fabrication they have a lot of bells and whistles i will get. I'm a novice loader didnt even get a single stage yet when this opportunity popped up. Im hoping this will over the next few months teach me enough about dillons and progressive to some time in the very near future to tackle a 1050 so i can get a mark 7 autodrive and and a mr bullet feeder. This is my vision or delusion lolll guess ill see. Appreciate the help. @dbcooper and @vassago

#7 ·
It is an RL550B and not all that old. It has the latter powder measure auto levers introduced in the last 20 years. It is missing the plastic tray on the right side but that is pennies to replace. Check it all out once you get it and if anything is broken call Dillon for a free replacement.

I have not bought any used Dillon equipment before (have always bought Dillon stuff new) so I don't know about the pricing except it is substantially less than new. Dillon will rebuild the press for free if it has been used enough to have substantial wear. In 30 years mine has been rebuilt twice. Both times they begged me to send the press in when I described the problem I was having. Within a few weeks it came back working as new with no charge.

I think if offered this press I'd snap it up. You can not have too many Dillon RL550B presses!

LDBennett

#12 ·
Incredible bargain for that price! Welcome to TFF and GO HAWKS !!

Reactions: drymag
#17 ·
You know I have never won the lottery but maybe that is because I NEVER play it. I did once about 30 years ago win a trip to Hawaii for my young son and I. The trip was a bit lost on middle schooler though as all he wanted to do was swim in the pool and run around the hotel finding out of the way places with his new friends. I had to drag him to the sights but he did love the airplane ride around the island as I did. Never won anything before that or since.

Like I said before if that deal had been presented to me I'd jump on it even though I already have one RL550B set up for 30 different cartridges. The RL550B is the most versatile reliable progressive press on the market. Too bad more people won't take the plunge and waste their money on LEE junk or troublesome Hornady progressives. But hey, we all get to choose.

LDBennett

#18 · (Edited)
If all you got is in the picture, you will need the spent primer cup, part #13650, the cartridge collection bin, part #13839 and a primer pickup tube part #22029. Normally you get 2 primer feed slide assemblies, one large and one small, 2 primer magazine tube assemblies (one large, one small), 2 primer pickup tubes (one large, one small), and a large and small powder bar (with spacer). It looks like you have the small powder bar with spacer installed. Can't tell by the picture which primer slide assembly or magazine tube assembly is installed. Here's a link to the manual.
http://www.dillonhelp.com/Dillon Manual PDFs/Dillon-RL550B-September-2010.pdf
If you need these parts, call them and and tell them that you bought it used, missing these parts. They may send them to you free of charge. They did this for me. The bullet tray is a good and convenient option.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.